Job title: Director – Telecommunications
Job description: Company Description
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a Department Leader, you will be responsible for the overall financial performance, leadership, and management of a team. You will regularly communicate with team members on project prioritization, project, team, and firm initiatives, and team financials. As a Team Leader you will manage, oversee, or provide resource allocation for services for our clients ranging from field data collection, outside plant (OSP) fiber design, inside plant (ISP) fiber design, fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) design, and GIS and Asset management systems. You will also oversee the marketing efforts for repeat clients and collaborate with business development and telecom staff firmwide to pursue additional client opportunities.
*We have one current opening and will consider candidates interested in being located out of our Fort Worth, Denver or Phoenix office locations.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
- Empowering others to use their talents
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Ability to attract and retain talent as you are building a team
- Experience with Field Data Collection and Pole Loading Analysis (PLA) preferred.
- Experience with Aerial and Underground fiber plant.
- Experience with High-Level Design (HLD) and Low-Level Design (LLD) of fiber plant.
- Experience with GPON Fiber to the home (FTTH) design preferred.
- Experience with GIS and Asset management systems preferred.
- Relationships with Telecom clients including Incumbent and Competitive Carriers ILEC’s/CLEC’s and/or Municipal fiber networks is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the telecommunications or consulting industry
- At least 4 years of experience supervising others
- Daily management and leadership for a team
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Typical salary range for this position is $125,000 to $172,000,and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Expected salary: $125000 – 172000 per year
Location: Denver, CO
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 22:46:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!