Job title: DTC Creative Director
Company: Bioworld Merchandising
Job description: Bioworld Merchandising is a leading design and distribution company of licensed and private label apparel, headwear & accessories to all retails channels. We collaborate with some of the most widely recognized brand and retail partners in the world. We are seeking skilled candidates who are excited to join this amazing team!
We Believe in Great Brands: Our goal is to translate the brand story into product that is as innovative and distinctive as the brand itself.
Creative Culture: Our team brings to our brand partners a unique mix of creative product design paired with merchandising expertise. We believe innovation comes from a diversity of creative ideas.
We are the Market: Our team believes in full immersion to gain insight into retail markets, contemporary culture and consumer reaction.
We are currently seeking DTC Creative Director to join our team of outstanding employees!
If you find yourself comfortable in defining and presenting big picture opportunities to leadership at the largest retail and entertainment companies in the world, if you have a reputation for trailblazing brands and product categories, if you have shown capable of challenging the status quo and infusing innovation into every project we are excited for you to apply as a Creative Director at Bioworld!
As one of the most seasoned creatives on the Bioworld team a Creative Director is responsible to move the organization towards innovation. The Creative Director has a versatile skill set permitting them to work closely with leadership at each our brand and retail partners to discern, enrich, and build broad strategies for growth. It is a position where a proven experience and awareness in understanding the motivations behind each customers, suppliers, and brand partners and driving design solutions which consider all is fundamental. It is a position which requires recognition, conviction, and leadership in bringing opportunities to their full potential. It is a position in which presenting and communicating market trends and product development strategies to organization, retail, and brand partner leadership is a daily occurrence. The position is central to setting plans for growth and gaining consensus with leadership across our organization and those of our partners. The position is central to bringing categories strategies together to the benefit of brand and retail partners. The position is central to bringing retail strategies together to the benefit of brand and category partners. The position is central to bringing brand strategies together to the benefit of retail and category partners.
QUALIFICATIONS – Must Meet Qualifications to be Considered
- a deep and versatile portfolio of licensed business development
- a proven history of trailblazing and innovation. Experience in the development of product patents.
- an established reputation with our key partners (retail & brand) for bringing forward and actioning design solutions
- experience in building and managing a $20mm+ wholesale business
- a great instinct for market opportunity and the ability to illustrate that opportunity to team members in multiple disciplines of design, product development, sales, licensing, and sourcing
- an understanding of how and conviction to increase Bioworld s overall market share
- experience in managing team schedule and delegating tasks
- 10+ years experience working in the entertainment license industry
- 10+ years experience working in the design and product development of apparel and/or accessories.
- experience in implementing processes and product lifecycle management software (PLM)
- experience leading projects through a calendar/project management software
- experience having worked closely with and traveled to product manufacturers
- a passion for fan culture and product. Keeping up with our niche of fandom comes much easier with some personal bingeing, exploration, and curation of licensed merch
- sustain and build upon Bioworld s reputation as the market leader in each design, innovation, execution, and speed to market
- lead in the development and presentation of cross category programs to retail and brand partners
- be responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the execution of brand and retail growth objectives on behalf of the company/division
- keep an active pulse of the market with purpose of being number one in division. Work directly with management at our top brand and retail partners to discern our market share (are we #1?), challenges, and opportunities
- lead in the adoption of brands, retailers, categories, & product types, which are trending in market but Bioworld has not yet seized or maximized. If we are missing the resources to capitalize lead in the business strategy to recruit.
- interpret ideas into product strategies. Partner with design management, peers, clients, customers, and manufacturing partners to challenge and proof product concepts. Build on those ideas and keep driving category forward.
- lead in definition of Divisional strategies and goals (for Accessories). If Category Manager is unable to fulfill duties for any cause Creative Director maybe called upon to assist in keeping development strategy on course
- on behalf of teams in scope fulfill functions of director in planning, organizing, leading, and supervising. Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team, processes, projects, and organization as a whole.
- in assistance to accessory leadership share macro consumer and accessory trend insights with category teams and take part in helping to research and define key product types each season
- in assistance to accessory leadership share macro property/brand trend insights with category teams and take part in helping to define growth opportunities
- in assistance to accessory leadership present and advocate for rights in growth accessory product types with our growth partnerships
- in assistance to accessory leadership help to define and drive inventory proposals in key products and brands with urgency to market
- Mentor and encourage creative team members to foster a positive work environment
- Participate in and provide regular opportunities for professional development and growth to team
- Manage and cultivate the career development of team members
For the role of Creative Director we are seeking
- a candidate with 10 or more years experience in the field of licensed product design.
- must be fluent in each Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, & In Design. When given a task to concept an idea the candidate can competently do so without needed instruction on the software.
- must be fluent in Microsoft Teams & Outlook
- must be versatile in using each MAC and Microsoft products.
BA or BS in Fashion Design or Merchandising
The regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm, and as needed to meet business goals and objectives. Flexible and able to work the hours needed to get the job done. 3 Days minimum in office per 5 day workweek or per company policy.
Location: Irving, TX
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 22:10:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!