Job title: Education Finance Specialist
Company: Southern Careers Institute
Job description: Job Description:
We call it being a life changer, but you’ll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You’ll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As the Education Finance Specialist, you will work within federal, state and institutional policies and regulations, to provide financial aid information and counseling services to students and families.
- Counsel and advise students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning.
- Determine the amount of aid, considering such factors as funds available, extent of demand, and needs of students.
- Compare data on students’ applications, such as proposed budget, family income, or transcript of grades, with eligibility requirements of assistance program.
- Interview students to obtain information needed to determine eligibility for aid.
- Review FAFSA process with student – maintain copies of applicable federal tax returns required to complete this process; enter FAFSA data to complete needs analysis/budget worksheet.
- Ensure 100% student satisfaction; provide timely service during student appointments.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Education/Experience: You have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skills: You can make mathematical calculations and reconcile records as required. You have excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Technical: You have a working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Why become an Education Finance Specialist?
- Challenge and expand your knowledge.
- Develop your skills in an entrepreneurial environment where you have influence.
- Work alongside an exceptional leadership team, passionate about educating future developers.
- Achieve challenging goals in an environment that provides tangible rewards.
Are you a good fit for SCI?
- You are passionate about education and commit to a “students first” philosophy.
- You embrace change and you are always excited to learn something new.
- You believe that goals are set to be exceeded.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 60 years, and we’re just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Our company believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any employees, applicants, or job seekers on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or any other protected group status as defined by law. As part of our compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your ethnicity and gender in the following section. The completion of this section is entirely voluntary. Your response to this section, or refusal to respond to this section, will not affect your opportunity for employment, or the terms or conditions of your employment with the company in any way. Please complete the information below, which includes the option to choose not to self-identify. This information will be kept confidential and separate from your application for employment and company personnel file. The information you choose to provide will be used solely for the purposes of EEO-1 reporting to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and will not be viewed by any hiring managers during the application process.
Location: Pharr, TX
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 00:15:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!