Job title: Education & Training Instructor
Company: Education Service Center Region 11
Job description: To provide students with rigorous learning activities and experiences in courses leading to a career in an Education and Training field. The teaching assignment will facilitate learning in various courses within the Education and Training Career and Technical Education Career Cluster. In addition, the instructor will help students fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Ultimately, the instructor will help fully develop competencies and skills in order for students’ seamless transition into an Education and Training career.
- Masters Degree in Education/Education Administration preferred (to enable instructor to offer dual credit education classes through Hill College)
- An assignment for Instructional Practices or Principles of Education and Training, Grades 9-12, is allowed with any valid classroom teacher or administrator certificate.
- Knowledge of career and technical education subject assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to oversee student field experiences (internships) in career area assigned
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to involve students in a Career and Technical Education Student Organization
- At least three years teaching experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Instructional Strategies * Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that include accommodations for individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instruction activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with members of the staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
Student Growth and Development * Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned, sponsor outside activities approved by campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students: support the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization * Create a classroom/ lab environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
Communication * Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development * Participate in staff development activities to improve job related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Other * Comply with federal, state, and local regulations related to the occupation area assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals and common instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/ stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move textbooks and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work inside and outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Note: This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 03:05:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!