Job title: Education/Training Specialist I
Company: University of Florida
Job description: Classification Title:
Education/Training Spec I
- Teaches veterinary clinical patient care skills to first and second year veterinary students during clinical skills laboratory sessions as well as in-clinic hands-on weekend sessions. Relevant skills to include physical examination, restraint, basic medical procedures and patient assessment.
- Maintains a clean and functional clinical skills laboratory facility. Assist with lab equipment maintenance.
- Assist with setup for various lab sessions held in the clinical skills laboratory, not solely limited to sessions for the clinical skills lab courses. Requires review of curricular documents and assessment of required lab structure/supplies
- Manages record keeping for all documented student experiences, using paper records and electronic student learning objective entry to satisfy educational accrediting bodies.
- Provide direct patient care in Large Animal Hospital, as dictated by the needs of LAH and time availability based on clinical skills course assignment.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
$18.63 – $19.56 per hour
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of appropriate experience in a veterinary clinical setting
- Experience writing and implementing protocols and procedures
- Knowledge of and experience working with and maintaining veterinary clinical equipment/supplies
- Knowledge of and experience with computer software programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Cornerstone practice management software and Instinct EMR software
- Ability to provide clinical instruction to professional students
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees, professional staff and students
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clinicians, coworkers, students
- Self-motivated, self-directed, positive individual
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of references.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
Advertised: 21 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 Jul 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Expected salary: $18.63 – 19.56 per hour
Location: Gainesville, FL
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 06:06:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!