Job title: Electrical Engineering Project Manager – AES
Company: Asplundh Engineering Services – 295
Job description: Job Title: Electrical Engineering Project Manager
Don’t wait for opportunities to happen. Energize your career with us! Join the AES team and get started on a rewarding career with best-in-industry training, systems, and tools—in addition to serious room for advancement.
Asplundh Engineering Services leverages more than 100 years of experience to provide a superior, single-point solution for engineering, design, planning, and testing services to transmission, distribution, substation, and renewable infrastructure markets across the United States. We source and integrate the collective might and expertise of our team members to ensure best-in-class, end-to-end service.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Salary
- Medical, dental and vision coverage starting day one
- Retirement plan
- Company-provided life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance with spouse and child coverage options
- Choice of voluntary Aflac supplemental insurance programs
- Long-term disability
- Pre-paid legal plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Various employee discount programs and resources
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple projects with varying team members
- Work with Clients, Business Development Staff, Managers, and Engineers to coordinate project designs
- Work with existing clients and new prospects to identify business opportunities
- Prepare engineering proposals and fee estimates
- Prepare management reports for internal and external use
- Manage project scopes, budgets, schedules, and personnel
- Computer-Aided Drafting and engineering quality control
- Utilize basic engineering principles and practical design solutions for scope development
- Analyzes data to determine solutions such as installation of alternate methods and procedures, changes in processing methods and practices
- Work with sub-consultant(s) to coordinate trades
- Attend job meetings & coordinate activities as required
- Attend training as requested to further enhance your duties
- Overnight Business Travel at times may be required
- Complete and submit weekly paperwork (e.g. Timesheets, Expense Reports, etc.)
- Develop one-line diagrams, control schematics, and electrical & instrument diagrams (E&IDs)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Clear understanding of medium voltage, distribution, and protective relaying systems.
- Exceptional understanding of medium voltage, and substation design.
- Great ability to read and interpret short circuit and protective device coordination studies.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in electrical equipment specification and procurement.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver’s License Required.
The AES family of companies supports electric, gas, renewable energy, and telecom infrastructure to maintain essential services for our customers and communities. It’s important to work that helps ensure the safe and reliable delivery of the utility services we all increasingly depend on for quality of life.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Boonton, NJ
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 22:51:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!