Job title: Electrical Substation/Distribution Engineering Lead
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Job description: Professional Engineering Consultants
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Location: Kansas City, MO
Wage: Dependent on Experience
Position Type: Full Time
We are PEC — a family of professionals that exists to energize communities, shape the future, and guide the way. Our vision is to be the solutions firm committed to partnerships with a vision for growth and community longevity, and we would like to invite you to learn more about how you can connect your passion to our purpose.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our staff of more than 350 holds professional engineering licenses in all 50 states. Our work takes us across the nation and around the world to design an increasing variety of projects from highways to hospitals, water towers to wind turbines, stadiums to sidewalks, and everything in between.
The Power and Process Group is looking for individuals that can help us grow our Power & Process Division. If you enjoy leading, growing staff and have the entrepreneurial spirit, this is an opportunity for you. Our market focus is twofold: 1) the production and distribution of power for private, municipal and utility facilities; and 2) process focused heavy industrial, chemical, midstream/downstream oil & gas facilities.
- Monitor project financial information, review and approve billings, provide support for accounts receivable efforts.
- Monitor progress on projects and provide input into areas of concern and direction or redirection to enhance achievement of project schedules, productivity goals, budgets, and quality.
- Coordinate project schedules and needs with team members and project managers.
- Assist in development of project proposals.
- Assist in workflow development and preparation and maintenance of tools and standards for detailed design.
- Work with managers, practice leads, project managers and team members to develop business strategies, business development and client management efforts.
- Actively communicate with internal and external clients to share business intelligence across multiple teams.
- Assist in determination of division objectives and requirements, organize projects and develop standards and guidelines.
- Advance and develop division tools and workflows to increase efficiency of designs, specification development, and project execution.
- Identify and develop innovative opportunities for business growth across PEC.
- Assign work and review team member performance to ensure quality and efficient cost-effective utilization of staff. Monitor and maintain development staffing levels, staffing loading, and staffing assignments to meet project requirements while maintaining goals.
- Work with managers, practice leads, project managers and team members to attract, find and secure talent to develop and strengthen offered services.
- Mentor, coach and train team staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering degree with power systems focus from an accredited program.
- Professional registration is a plus but not a requirement.
- 7+ years of related work experience and leadership in the physical design of substations.
- Protection and controls experience.
- Experience with general arrangement & layout drawings, below grade conduit plans and schedules, lightning protection plans and analysis, ground grid design and calculations, BOM, control building layout and equipment, development of drawings and specifications for purchase of equipment.
- Experience with an Engineering consulting or EPC firm is a plus.
- Knowledge of systems, calculations, specifications, equipment, materials selection and development of project deliverables within the discipline. Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
- Have experience in project execution, project cost estimates detailed design and project execution support. Have a clear understanding of the steps of project development and level of detail required in each step of project development.
- A good working knowledge of front-end-engineering-design (FEED) delivery systems.
- Proficient user of MS Office software.
- Experience leading a team.
- Great leadership qualities and team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer-focused with a strong work ethic.
- Are pro-active and willing to take initiative, responsive and sensitive to project, client and personnel needs.
- Effectively manages multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Occasional travel to field / project sites / other offices may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:56:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!