Job title: Electronics Engineering Technician Job
Company: Acuity Brands
Job description: We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 13,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
Build, assemble, test, analyze, review, characterize, prototype electronics products (battery chargers, power supplies, LED Lighting, lighting controls, etc.) and components/subassemblies/modules for these products. Also supports documentation, including test results, analysis reports, BOM creation & maintenance, validation, data analysis, organizing and archiving. Also includes cross-functional communications, and troubleshooting/problem-solving throughout the NPD & NPI process. Primarily works within product development project teams.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Review specifications and determine equipment requirements for testing throughout the NPD process
- Create preliminary production test requirements and essential equipment list
- Review compliance requirements (UL, CEC, EMI, safety, etc.) and create test plans
- Review conceptual physical design for DFM (Design-for-Manufacturability) requirements
- Create / review PCB designs; procure PCBs and components as required
- Create and maintain the BOM throughout the product development process
- Ensure accurate and valid tests results, and reporting of results
- Support the creation, release, integrity, accuracy, quality, and security of AVLs for new parts
- Assemble and test of prototype magnetics, and other components as needed
- Assemble and test prototype PCBs; rework as required
- Integrate PCB assemblies into physical design
- Test and characterize completed prototype; electrical and thermal, including stress testing (ALT, etc.)
- Perform and complete regulatory compliance testing and document results
- Assist with changes to design & documentation
- Execute and organize and track project ECRs, RIFs, PDRs, etc.
- Finalize production test and burn-in requirements
- Assist with the assembly of ESBs, pre-pilot runs, pilot runs, and preproduction units
- Complete and document final testing for compliance requirements (internal & external)
- Assist in the release of final documents and test requirements
- Assist with production problems and update documentation as required.
- Support the installation, testing, documentation, and maintenance of ALPHA & BETA site units
- Support the NPI process
Required experience and skills:
- Associate degree in electrical engineering technology or electronics technology
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electronics, power electronics experience preferred, and working familiarity with embedded microcontrollers helpful. Experience working in a New Product Development or Sustaining Engineering environment is preferred.
- Experience with computer applications; Excel, Word, Outlook, AutoCAD, and Altium Designer (PCBs)
- Basic knowledge of and working experience with regulatory agencies (i.e., UL, CSA, FCC, etc.) and requirements
- A basic understanding of power processing topologies; flyback, forward, push-pull, etc.
- Adept at high frequency magnetic construction; transformers, inductors, and EMI filter components
- Experienced with the use of standard lab equipment, scopes, meters, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience with set up and programming of automatic test equipment software such as LabVIEW
- Proficient in test and measurement techniques for analog and switch-mode power supplies
- Troubleshooting abilities to determine root-cause of problems and identify possible solutions.
- Proficient in measurement, documentation, organization, and compilation of component stress test data results; voltage, current, power, and temperature
- Communication abilities to understand and explain problems, findings, and resolutions
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click and for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:44:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!