Job title: Engineer, Telecommunications
Job description: THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE SENIOR LEVEL (R-016495); HOWEVER ONLY ONE POSITION WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
Individual will plan, coordinate, and perform engineering assignments in support of telecommunication systems and telecommunication construction projects for the Eversource system. Duties will include; working on projects to construct and maintain the telecommunication assets including digital microwave, mobile and fixed wireless services, fiber optics, various multiplexers, ground potential rise, paging systems and subsystems. Duties also include configuring and specifying associated telecom equipment, interfacing with IP networks, and understanding and complying with regulatory bodies such as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, or Computer Engineering is preferred.
- A Master’s degree and/or Professional Engineer license is desired.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required.
- Very high standards of professional and technical competence and a complete and thorough knowledge of technical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulatory criteria and industry codes and standards pertaining to the engineering of telecommunication systems.
Please include a resume with your application.
Worker Type: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Location: Berlin, CT
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 23:18:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!