Job title: Engineering Associate Manager
Company: Lockheed Martin
Job description: LMCareers Business Unit
7HC1A00:Missile Defeat IET
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As the Electromechanical Engineering Associate Manager on the CPS Program, you will be responsible for the performance of all necessary analyses for designs including materials evaluations, propulsion, and flight mechanics assessments. This job requires coordinating with customers, suppliers, test facilities, and other related fields including manufacturing, subcontracts, quality, structure design, analysis, systems engineering, and integration with affected subsystems and facilities.
Other duties may include:
- Ordnance Subsystem Integration
- Maintain engineering drawings, specifications, and technical analyses to support ordnance components
- Independently develop and provide design solutions, of varying complexity, using solid models, detailed drawings, and release of engineering work products.
- Independently review requirements, from various sources (instrumentation, dynamics, stress, systems, thermal, manufacturing, etc.) to ensure that applicable requirements are flowed into the detailed design of assigned products.
- Support production meetings and manufacturing & test anomaly/discrepancy resolution
- Evaluate, select, and own the technical aspects of the procurement from the selected hardware supplier
- Provide user documentation and recommendations to data packages to support peer and customer reviews, present analysis data to engineering teams, customer technical representatives, and Program Office personnel at technical interchange meetings and design review.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
– Paid time off
– Work/life balance
– Career development
– Mentorship opportunities
– Rewards & recognition
- Experience in Electro-Mechanical Engineering Design
- Engineering management or Engineering team lead experience including task planning, budget management, subcontract management and/or employee development and mentoring
– Process Improvement and Affordability experience
- Self-Starter Personality; Ability to multitask
- Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Full Lifecycle Development Experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs
- Capable of 1st order analysis in fluids, statics and dynamics, heat transfer, and/or thermal.
- Ordnance handling, installation, and test experience
- Experience with mechanical CAD modeling in CREO or equivalent
- Solid understanding of mechanical and ordnance engineering principals
- Desire and ability to own technical challenges through solution
- Active Secret clearance; US Citizenship required
- Prior Engineering Management Experience
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Experience with Ordnance system integration of separation, ignition, and initiation components
- Willingness to mentor junior engineers
- Knowledge of Geometric Design and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience developing Proposal documents and Basis of Estimates (BOE’s)
- Additive manufacturing experience
- Familiar with design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Experience with supply chain management and subcontracts
- Ability to collaborate with adjacent fields (systems engineering, electronics, stress/thermal analysis, configuration management, production, test, quality…)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Ability to Telecommute
Part time telecommuting
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotely
Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Security Clearance Information
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
9×80 every other Friday off
Select the Telework classification for this position
Employee will telework
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Expected salary: $107000 – 178400 per year
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:18:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!