Job title: Engineering Design Project Manager
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Job description: Professional Engineering Consultants
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC) was founded more than a half century ago as a full-service consulting firm providing mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, transportation, water and wastewater, land development, planning services; a broad range of field work including survey, geotechnical, construction inspection, testing, air and water balance capabilities; as well as the all the essential professions it takes to make it all come together for our public, private, and industrial clients. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our projects take us across the nation and around the world. At PEC, our employees have a passion for the communities where they work, live, and play.
If you are looking for a career path that provides the opportunity for you to reach your full potential, PEC is the place to be. PEC’s team culture is built on our ability to solve problems through a collaborative process. We elevate each other by aligning personal strengths to professional development. Our engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks. We work together with other teams, make site visits, take tours, meet face-to-face with the clients, establish big goals, and set out to achieve them.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently and with others, with a minimum level of supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for client contact.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- High level of comfort with business development activities.
- Knowledge and high degree of skill in determining project requirements, setting the project scope of work, determining design budgets, determining preliminary construction budgets, and review of contracts.
- High degree of skill in managing multiple objectives, clients, contractors, third parties and internal team members.
- Responsible for the overall project budget, schedule, staffing and quality.
- Primary point of contact for correspondence regarding the project.
- Perform quality control reviews at appropriate milestones and assure proper QC parameters are met.
- Report preparation and presentation to clients. Meet with clients regarding design, budget, or staff performance issues.
- Review all project RFI’s, change orders, and any potential contract expense features on projects.
- Meet with Senior Staff and Management on regular basis to discuss company objectives, long term strategic goals, financial performance, QC procedures, etc.
- Know your Project Engineers strengths, weaknesses, and workload abilities.
- Excellent understanding of requirements of other disciplines on the project team.
- Serve on special committees formed by upper management.
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in an appropriate field of study from an accredited college is required.
- Minimum of eight to fifteen years’ actual experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Location: Wichita, KS
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:58:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!