Job title: Engineering Domain/Metier Group Manager
Job description: We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom is looking for a Vehicle ATC Software Engineering Domain/ Metier Group Manager to be based in Pittsburgh, PA, United States
What will you do?
You will lead a Software team involved in a set of programs or projects, ensuring quality target and repeatable performances. Staff the team and follow-up program/project strategy definition and task execution, delivering as per QCD commitments. Identify, generalize, and stabilize best practice. Lead continuous team improvement, plan trainings and coach the team, nurture skill growth and capitalization. Stand as reference in your domain, for both your team and your peers.
You will interact with all team members, so your communication as well as your motivation skills should be excellent. Ultimately, you should lead by being recognized as a domain authority, committed to achievement.
- Agree and implement the development centre guidelines (team profile and skills, growth plans, discipline evolutions in terms of technology, competitiveness, …)
- Develop and maintain domain competences, coaching the team and growing World Class Engineering Experts
- Set clear team goals, delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Provide support to team project/program execution
- Promote Alstom values to his/her team
- Be a People Manager by Continuously motivate, encourage, evaluate and recognize, train and develop resources, in cooperation with HR, as per approved performance evaluation process and targets
- Deploy Process, Methods and Tools in Test Engineering team, providing feedback for Process reviews
- Collect REX from execution and innovation opportunities to feed Reference Library where applicable and share outcomes at department level
- Manage adequacy between estimated workload and capacity, report status and issues to department head
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or scientific subjects
- Software Engineering and processes background
- Experience in project/program execution and management
- Specific hands-on experience in own Métier/Domain
- Experience and understanding in project effort estimation
- Experience with SW Agile execution
Competencies & Skills:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- (Self) entrepreneurial
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- English, full proficient use
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. Alstom abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Alstom provides reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans (including but not limited to other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and mental limitations). If you need a reasonable accommodation/assistance for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please note this in our online application.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Additionally, upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States.
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:44:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!