Job title: Engineering Lead, Enhance
Company: John Deere
Job description: There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Urbandale
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: Engineering Lead, Enhance
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
This position is fully remote
As a Engineering Lead for Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) located in Urbandale, IA, or remote, you will….
- Lead a software delivery team responsible for processing large volumes of agronomic data and providing associated APIs for editing
- Provide engineering leadership in all aspects of the software delivery cycle including design, build, test, deploy, and support of software applications
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Architects, User Experience, and other supporting teams to define product requirements, system design, and delivery cadences.
- Mentor, coach and develop your direct reports. This includes providing frequent on-going feedback/guidance on individual performance and career development
- Attract, retain, and grow great engineering talent within your team and throughout our organization
- Lead organizational change through adoption of strategic technologies, architectures, best-practices, and tooling in support of software development
What Skills You Need
- 8 or more years developing and delivering high-quality, performant, secure software using Java,Scala or Node JS
- 3 or more years as a primary technical team leader/mentor
- 3 or more years of experience in developing and supporting production applications using AWS services
- Strong understanding of developing API.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to partner easily with a variety of working styles
What Makes You Stand Out
- Manager experience including individual performance management, career development, and hiring
- Demonstrated ability to translate initiatives into actions, deliverables, and outcomes
- An ability to inspire and motivate others to produce their best
- An inquisitive mind and aptitude for continuous learning
- Experience with Precision Ag technologies and their use
- Experience with Database management like Dynamo,Doc DB and RDS.
- Strong Communication skills.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Location: Urbandale, IA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:00:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!