Job title: Engineering Manager – Desserts
Company: Rich Products Corporation
Job description: Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®-Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for performing diverse engineering analysis, managing engineering projects and implementing process changes for operations. This includes machine capability evaluations, modifications of equipment and developing solutions to production issues relating to materials, processes, and procedures to maximize efficiency and yields. Responsible for Capital Project management including equipment evaluation, justifications, project accounting management, start-up and validation of the operation.
- Manages engineering projects from inception through completion. Initiates concepts, develops designs, estimates costs, formulates justifications, coordinates installations, troubleshoots start-ups, trains required personnel on new equipment.
- Work with the plant on annual reporting of new projects through the plant teams.
- Works with packaging and R&D of new materials, equipment, processes and engineering practices for improved performance. Analyzes performance impacts on equipment.
- Prepares engineering computations, estimates, surveys, statistics and analysis.
- Coordinates drawing files, CAD file management, process documentation and technical literature for library us (Egnyte).
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of capital project procedures and follows RPC directives and guidelines.
- Gathers (SOPs) for the operation of new equipment or changes to current equipment.
- Participates on Project Teams as the plant engineering resource.
- Installs or modifies equipment per EH&S requirements (i.e., OSHA, EPA, PSM, etc)
- Understands shop floor computer architecture and components; PLCs, MMI, Switches, etc.
- Assists other department’s efforts to provide technical training and guidance for better operations.
- Represents the company’s position and interest effectively in dealing with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants as well as a constructive positive attitude within the facility.
- Ensure Rich’s site safety, environmental and GMP standards are designed to, met and maintained.
- Assists in follow-up of prototype construction with outside vendors.
- Secures quotations and expedites materials and delivery for other departments if necessary.
- Communicates effectively and informs operational leaders of related work through scheduling, plant and NWT meetings.
- Participates in plant steering team meetings as required.
- The MEM is responsible representing engineering for large initiatives within the CBU. This includes machine capability evaluations
- Direct interface with the Manufacturing Director and VP of Eng.
- Direct Interface with CBU plants as required, attend core team meetings.
- Develop business cases in cooperation with CBU and finance leadership.
- Development of 3-year capital plan and execution.
- Develop resource planning for large scale and high impact projects.
- Participate in acquisition teams for Engineering due diligence.
- Manage Process Engineers as required, P&Os
- Develop IDPs and succession planning for engineering team.
- Represents Rich Products in EH&S, city and state with corporate teams leading.
- A BS degree in engineering with 10 years experience in the food industry
- Functional computer, ACAD & PLC programming knowledge.
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to write a concise report of findings.
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Capital project management experience.
- Comfortable in a food manufacturing environment: understand operations, QA, sanitation, maintenance requirements.
- Shows innovative designs and drives cost savings (ROCS).
- Able to arrange schedule for immediate corrective actions or support.
- 30% travel may be required
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
BRINGING YOUR BEST SELF TO WORK.
As a family-owned company, caring for our associates—their whole selves—is a top priority. That’s why we provide benefits and tools to help our people balance the integration of work and life:
- Competitive compensation
- Health & financial benefits
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Family planning support
- Flexible work policy
- Associate affinity groups
- Volunteering & community impact opportunities
- Holiday gatherings
- In-house taste tests (we are a food company after all)!
It’s all part of how we support our family of associates. Because in the company of family, all things are possible.
Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $3.8 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
Location: Morristown, TN
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:23:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!