Job title: Engineering Project Team Leader
Job description: Career Area: Engineering
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As an Engineering Project Team Leader concentrating on the Aftermarket and New Source Introduction for Motors and Generators, you will be joining a rapid growing innovative team on the cutting edge of electrification. You will have the unique opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of rotating electrical components primarily consisting of motors and generators.
The Motor and Generator team is responsible for end-to-end design and development of components for multiple Caterpillar applications. You will have the opportunity to strengthen your communication skills, analytical skills, and mastery of mechanical engineering concepts associated with motors and generators.
You will be responsible for the execution and coordination of implementing new supply sources for L1 motor and generator components as well as leading the execution and strategy of the aftermarket for motors and generators for the corporation. You will have the opportunity to lead and work with a highly experienced team of engineers having significant experience across Caterpillar electric drive applications. The role will include working with a global team to ensure the best possible solution is chosen with quality, velocity, and cost in mind.
- Aftermarket strategy and execution from design control perspective
- Quality of Aftermarket solution
- Strong collaboration with suppliers through potential Development agreements
- Quality leadership through PPAP and overall APQP rigor
- Collaborate with technical team leads across electrification
- Supply chain ownership of materials and cost
- Identify and work with other Caterpillar subject matter experts on aspects of the design
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum plus 10+ years of experience OR Master’s or Doctorate degree in a Mechanical Engineering curriculum plus 7+ years of experience
- Previous product development experience (design / analysis) with rotating components
- Proven experience in project coordination
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience with electric drive systems and/or components
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams through complex assignments
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical & electrical systems with special emphasis on electric drive systems
- Experience with quality tools including FMEA, APQP, BIQ & PPAP
- Supply chain experience
- Product Support, Dealer, and/or Reman experience
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance.
We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network .
Location: Chillicothe, IL
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:55:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!