Job title: Expediter (Interior Design)
Company: Kendall Wilkinson Design
Job description: Kendall Wilkinson Design
Working with the Project Managers and design staff, the Expeditor facilitates the purchasing and installation phases of high-end, residential interior design projects. The Expeditor works with design teams to insure that all project documents are issued in a timely fashion and that all orders are created and placed accurately and expedited appropriately. This position requires knowledge of Interior Design and a strong ability to organize information, manage time and documentation, and follow through on assignments under deadline pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sharing responsibilities with teams, sometimes create and prepare proposals and proposal packages for submission to clients.
- Prepare purchase orders for review by Senior Designer and/or Senior Project Manager prior to submission to accounting.
- Process final balance PO’s when items are near completion.
- Create and manage expediting schedules.
- Maintain continual communication in conjunction with Senior Project Managers and design teams, regarding furnishing orders and lead times.
- Track and coordinate all reserves, CFA’s, DFA’s and strike-offs, lead times, workroom inspections, deliveries, and installations.
- Correspond with accounting regarding invoicing.
- Schedule product inspections and attend as needed.
- As needed, assist the design teams with product sourcing, site visits and installations.
- Develop long-term relationships with design showrooms and vendors and receivers.
- Maintain all project-related information in paper filing systems, electronic folders and Studio Webware.
- Work with vendors to resolve product issues and/or failures
- Working with the Project Managers, train new staff on Studio IT as necessary,
- Working with the Project Managers, train new staff on purchasing process.
- Daily time tracking and entry into Studio Webware.
- Manage the maintenance of Design Process Manual for all incoming and current staff.
This position functions under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager.
- Familiarity with, and working knowledge of the Interior Design Industry
- 3 + years of expediting experience in high-end residential design.
- Experience and comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with software & technical skills: MS Office Suite (especially Outlook, Powerpoint, and Excel)
- Knowledge of – or ability to quickly learn – Studio IT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, accurate and consistent in all paperwork and data management.
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities, organizational and time management skills.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with peers, management and other staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to work within a team and proactively create harmonious and professional relationships
- Willingness to observe company policies, procedures, and the instructions of management.
Residential Interior Design experience is mandatory (min. 1 year). This position is primarily in the office and on job-sites. After 90 days, one day/week remote work is available.
Competitive salary, Profit-sharing & bonus, 3% 401-K match, Health care, Life & Disability Insurance.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:11:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!