Job title: Facilities Mechanical Engineer- Building Automation, Go Green & IOT
Company: Lockheed Martin
Job description: LMCareers Business Unit
81A0A00:Facility Operations & Services
What will the space industry look like in 50 years? Follow us to find out. We’re shaping the space technologies of tomorrow, today.
As we further enhance and develop our competitive enterprise for capturing new opportunities and disrupting our competitors, Lockheed Martin Space works to provide the path forward in a dynamic environment and to stay ahead of environmental changes.
Virtually every Lockheed Martin Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility Infrastructure design, which is built and operated risk free in support of business needs without interruption.
As a Facilities Engineer Sr. at Lockheed Martin Space, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build the new Facilities Engineering Center of Excellence. At Lockheed Martin Space, you’ll use innovative approaches that help insure reliability of mechanical infrastructure that produces cutting edge space systems, analyze trends while managing operational efficiencies and projects to meet our Go Green initiatives.
- Coordinate strategic maintenance programs for facility infrastructure equipment in the Bay Area facilities.
- Utilize engineering knowledge and experience to assess current systems operating conditions and required corrective action to restore reliable operational capabilities.
- Develop criteria, standards, and procedures for building mechanical systems preventative maintenance care such as HVAC and other related equipment.
- Apply Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques, i.e., logical application of reactive, time- or interval-based, and proactive maintenance practices to maximize facility and equipment reliability while minimizing life-cycle costs.
Duties will include:
- Coordinate Design and configuration of Building Automation Systems as defined by the contract documents. Create flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required
- Utilizing sound engineering judgment determine optimum preventive maintenance intervals, monitor PM program results, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Train Plant Operations staff on mechanical system preventive maintenance processes and procedures.
Come, join us and experience your future!
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 5 years of experience (or a Masters with 3 years)
- Must be able to understand HVAC equipment, theory of operation, and Building Automation Controls .
- Knowledge of building and construction codes.
- Experienced in application of energy and carbon reduction initiatives .
- Leadership skills, knowledge and practical experience to lead teams to develop and perform best practice preventive maintenance procedures on facility infrastructure systems.
- Able to perform historical equipment failure data analysis to target improvement efforts.
- Application of root cause analysis as a tool to improve asset care.
- Experience creating and managing vendor service agreements within budget restraints.
- Must be able to document changes and maintain configuration control for the code and drawings as applicable.
- Must be able to use stairs, ladders and work in and around equipment in a plant environment.
- Attendance is critical – normal 40 hour work week but some overtime may be required (supporting a 24X7 operation).
- Must be proficient in using a computer.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Background maintaining centrifugal chillers, direct expansion cooling units, hot water/steam boiler systems and electric and gas fired humidification systems.
- Ability to trouble shoot and resolve boilers, humidifier, chillers, and Dx unit service issues.
- Formal manufactures training on Trane chiller tear-down maintenance and operation or equivalent.
- Manufacturers training in boiler operational tuning and internal inspection.
- Experience utilizing Building Automation System as a diagnostic tool.
- Experience with BACnet and Niagara based products is preferred.
- Experience with asset management tracking.
- Knowledge of Construction/Design standards as related to reliability/maintainability requirements.
- Skilled in building inspection techniques, planning, estimating, and conducting production/test/infrastructure equipment condition assessments.
- Ability to write clear, concise, detailed descriptive reports of facility conditions.
- Knowledge of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) studies.
- Knowledge of Predictive Maintenance PdM techniques e.g., infrared inspection, vibration analysis, ultrasonic inspection and oil analysis.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Ability to Telecommute
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotely
Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Security Clearance Information
This position requires a government security c
learance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
9×80 every other Friday off
Select the Telework classification for this position
Employee will work on-site full-time
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Expected salary: $76100 – 126900 per year
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 02:40:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!