Job title: Facility Engineering Technician Assistant
Job description: Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assist in providing support in each of the functional areas of Facility Engineering maintenance, including electrical/mechanical, refrigeration/HVAC or specialty trades. Assist in providing maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls to gain knowledge and skills for career development within Facility Engineering. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in performing various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures with respect to buildings and equipment.
- Develop skills for troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Assist in performing component replacement.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Drive independently on a daily basis to stores as assigned.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Experience reading schematics
- Vocational school education
- EPA Type 1 Certification
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver’s License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN || Nashville || 2620 Elm Hill Pike || 37214 || Kroger Stores || None || Facility Engineering || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || Driver’s License
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:06:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!