Job title: Family Law Paralegal
Company: Halligan LLC
Job description: We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You’ll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you’re interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Draft letters, motions, proposed orders, reports, and court documents
- Draft, Review, Update, and Finalize responses to Motions, Interrogatories, Discovery, Requests for Production of Documents, and Stipulations
- Review files, research precedents, add arguments and statutory references
- Draft, Review, Update and Finalize Sworn Financial Statements, 16.2 disclosures, Certificates of Compliance, Joint Trial Management Certificates
- Prepare Asset/Debt Spreadsheets, Maintenance Calculations, and Child Support Worksheets
- Prepare exhibits and rebuttal exhibits
- Routine communication with clients, counsel, experts, and other third parties
Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Minimum 1 year of Family Law Paralegal experience under a Colorado Family Law Attorney
- Knowledge of the Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure applicable to domestic litigation, court procedure, and deadlines
- Wickedly attentive to details and proactive communication
How to Apply
We are excited to hear from the candidates! If this opportunity aligns with you, we look forward to reviewing your credentials and learning more about you and your career goals! Please follow these instructions. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please upload both a cover letter and a resume through this site: https://www.halliganllc.com/careers/. Your cover letter should explain what you believe are the three most important qualities or values for a family law attorney and why they are important. Also, in your cover letter, please share the qualities you possess and how they have helped you in your family law practice.
Location: Denver, CO
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 22:27:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!