Job title: Field Education Specialist
Job description: Job Description:
Deliver technical training to support local and surrounding service center employees to support the successful performance of the operations. Facilitate training presentations using a variety of tools and methods; including one-on-one field training, focusing primarily on dock and driver related education for on boarding, recurrent, remedial, and on-going/continuing education, in compliance with education policy, processes, content and delivery standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Deliver effective education both in form of classroom delivery and/or one-on-one coaching
2. Coordinate and facilitate on boarding education, recurrent, remedial and continuing education (e.g. hazardous materials, forklift, freight handling, etc.)
3. Provide education compliance support and reporting information for operations leadership
4. Support operations education class instruction
5. Proactively ensure training materials reflect current practices and policies by communicating any concerns to Learning & Development Manager
6. Coordinate training program logistics, including scheduling training classes and presentation space, setting classroom configuration, audio-visual set-up, requesting necessary training materials, etc.
7. Act as a resource to field operation regarding education requirements
8. Serve as a role-model and ensure company and regulatory standards are always followed
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus three (3) years of mentoring, training, or learning and development experience with knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other required work related regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with associates, managers, consultants and others
- Proficient skill in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and dock related computer applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and build relationships
- Good educator, a self-starting, problem solver with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Dock and service center yard environment (varying temperatures and dust)
- Varying shifts in a 24 hr operation
- Travel required
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at [email protected]
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Location: Conley, GA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 23:19:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!