Job title: Finance Specialist, Warehousing & Transportation
Job description: Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Transportation Support Specialist is responsible for transportation cost management through budgeting, freight invoice auditing/processing, PO management, freight cost analysis/report, month-end closing, and cost saving analysis. Also, support project manager on network transformation, claim improvement, IDOC error, and other short-term projects related to transportation.
- Create a vendor PO in a timely manner for invoice payment processing
- Review actual spending vs PO amount and make sure to update PO amount in advance to avoid late payment
- Provide an annual spending report by vendor to procurement team
Freight audit/payment Management
- Conduct a periodic freight invoice audit on average 3.4M/Month from various vendors and share the result with vendor for reconciliation
- Process vendor invoice payment in timely manner to avoid late payment
- Weekly review on on-time payment on import/export related vendor and escalate any late payment to AP team
- Provide a weekly status report on audit result, reconcile status, on-time payment.
Freight Cost Management / Budget Management
- Prepare a detail level cost analysis on actual spending vs budget (Primary: 54.5M, Secondary: 48.4M including claim) and identify main driver of cost variance
- Review cost analysis details with operation team for improvement.
- Support operation team on cost saving plan by providing analytical insights on cost saving opportunity using ad-hoc analysis and track progress of improvement plan.
- Ad hoc logistics reporting to support Ferrero Luxembourg Trade Group and all other internal and external partners.
Freight Claim Management
- Track weekly freight claim status based on input from credit team
- Support claim improvement plan by working with various internal/external partners on customer penalties and deductions Share with claim/credit team
- Support month end closing by preparing an accrual amount and prepare a pre-closing cost view for management review
- Provide a transportation leading indicator to supply chain finance team to understand main drivers of cost increase/decrease
- Support transportation network transformation projects
- Identify IDOC errors and work with internal/external partners to improve overall status and share weekly progress report for management review
- Support transportation related projects Share with project manager and other related internal teams
- Weekly Freight Cost Spending
- Weekly Saturation Report
- Monthly Delivery Lead Time Report
- Monthly OTD Report
- Weekly IDOC Error Status Report (Resolved 1500 IDOC errors for the past 2 months)
- Weekly/Monthly Freight Invoice Audit Report
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Logistics or Supply Chain Finance (preferably in Consumer Products)
- SAP knowledge and usage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience working with TMS, transportation planning
- Basic understanding of transportation law
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are – dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 01:58:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!