Job title: Front Office Agent (Full-Time) – Hilton Palacio del Rio Hotel
Company: Zachry Construction
Job description: About Us
At the Hilton Palacio del Rio Hotel we are passionate about hospitality and excellent customer service. Our hotel surrounds itself with team members who share that same passion. We take care of our guests and team members as family, within a culture of service where we do the right thing because it is the right thing to do. Our core values are at the center of every decision we make:
Every Person Matters
Together We Can Do Great Things
This Is More Than a Job
Benefits for Full Time:
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fidelity 401K retirement plan with employer matching up to 6% of contribution
- Hilton Hotel Travel Discount Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Free Meal
- Free annual VIA bus pass
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus
- Referral Bonus Incentive Program
- Team Member Assistance Program
- Uses courteous and clear speaking voice, listens to guests requests, and responds with appropriate action. Supplies accurate information such as local attractions and seasonal events.
- Completes the registration process by accessing and entering information in the computer system, and use all hotel standards to confirm accurate information. Make appropriate room selection based on guest needs. Provides welcome folder containing electronic room key, coupons, Bonus claims form, room information and Refreshment Center keys as appropriate. Requires continual movement throughout Front Office and required standing 8 hours at front desk.
- Verifies credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accepts and records vouchers, traveler’s checks, and other forms of payment. Performs accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Posts charges to guestrooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Answers the telephones in 3 rings or less using positive and clear English. Inputs messages into the computer. Retrieves messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieves and logs mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Closes guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conduct research, and develop a positive solution. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout Front Office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 07:15:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!