Job title: General Merchandise/Health and Beauty Care Lead
Job description: Job Description:
Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Plan and manage the General Merchandise/Health and Beauty Care Department to promote sales, achieve profit margins and labor goals. Contribute toward providing a positive shopping experience for the customer. Provide effective training, development and work direction for department associates. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Determine priorities and develop daily/weekly work plans based on sales projections and budgeted labor goals; adjust labor to meet anticipated customer volume
- Operate equipment (box cutter, cart, fork lift and calculator) according to company guidelines.
- Communicate with store director concerning department’s ongoing status.
- Implement/maintain coordinated, aggressive and creative merchandising plans.
- Monitor mix of demand and profit items, shelf allocation, variety, movement and stock levels to order, merchandise and meet sales/gross profit goals; collaborate with vendors on space allocation, displays, deal buying, and follow through on product quality issues and credits.
- Ensure product quality, presentation and rotation; assist with stocking/building displays.
- Supervise, coach and train associates; communicate tasks/priorities; follow up to ensure task completion and adherence to store/department policies/procedures; recommend and administer corrective action.
- Manage receiving, invoicing, pricing, shrink control and inventory to ensure proper product control/meet profit goals; ensure proper product handling
- Process invoices; verify credit and transfer slips accuracy and the purchase journal against receiving records.
- Collaborate with the Pricing department to ensure accurate pricing/signage; monitor price-sensitive items.
- Conduct/ensure probationary and regular performance reviews are completed.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify/correct unsafe conditions and notify store management; follow all store/department policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently reaching, squatting, kneeling, stooping/bending, walking, standing, turning, lifting/carrying objects 5 to 25 lbs., pushing/pulling objects 50 to 200 lbs.; occasionally crawl, climb ladders, walk on uneven ground and lift/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, communication and customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents and good math skills
Desired Previous Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Pick n Save: At Pick ‘n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Kenosha || 2811 – 18th Street || 53140 || Roundy’s || None || Drug/GM || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Location: Kenosha, WI
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 06:34:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!