Job title: Global Principal Training & Education Specialist – Embolization Portfolio (Remote option)
Job description: Careers That Change Lives:
Join an exciting and growing space within Medtronic’s Global Peripheral Vascular Health businesses as you directly impact the development and success of the commercial clinical and sales force through best-in-class training & education. Our new Global Principal Training & Education Specialist role will be responsible in ensuring the field sales force gains product and clinical confidence in selling the product portfolio and is viewed as THE expert and resource to customers. Success factors of best-in-class training are through strategic thinking and strong cross-functional partnerships, expectation setting, and continuous improvements of programs. This role reports to the Director of Training & Education for the Peripheral Vascular Health business.
In this role, your focus will be global training and education with a focus on improving and enhancing field training and effectiveness via onboarding, continuing and advanced education. You will lead the development of New Hire Embolization training and work collaboratively with colleagues to support the expansion of Deep Venous/IR curriculum, training pathway and educational offerings. This role will also define ways to promote field perspective and enhance sales effectiveness for new hires & tenured reps through the support of the onboarding process, enrichment of the Field sales training program and supporting selling and clinical skills development. Foster strong partnerships with Marketing, Field Sales Trainers, Sales leadership, and other key cross-functional partners to plan, develop, implement, and execute on global training planned deliverables.
A Day in the Life:
- Engage with U.S. Sales Leaders and Global Training Managers to understand needs (training and volume) and lead the design and deployment of scalable training that meets global needs. Collaborate and build rapport with leadership independent of direct manager and in order to define and drive key training initiatives
- Maintain expertise within the designated therapy on trainee needs and keep current on developments in the field, specifically on product/therapy knowledge, market, and industry trends
- Work with the team to prepare training and education programs, materials, course content, and coordinate the development of sales and training aids
- Manage, lead and facilitate new hires, continuing and advanced training (remote and classroom) while partnering with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver training
- Partner with broader Global Sales Training team on various workstreams across endovenous and peripheral space to identify and leverage synergies across training teams
- Develop and maintain cross-functional partnerships within R&D, Marketing, Sales, Clinical, Legal, Regulatory to help perpetuate the creation of highly effective training and programs
- Identify and implement cutting-edge in-person and virtual training & education through the implementation of new learning platforms and tools (Allego, remote case observation, etc).
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to evolve and improve field training efforts
- Manage Field Sales Trainer Program and Process for Deep Venous/IR field team. Including the development of training field rides and sign-off requirements for sales representatives and clinical specialists to ensure successful procedural support to physicians who are using our products
- Collaborate with key field leaders and marketing to develop and deliver continuing education opportunities. Including engaging with physician faculty, fellow trainers, and other key cross-functional teams to develop a robust case & resource library for field education.
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan for onboarding and training and education programs to drive product, procedure and selling expertise. Work closely with sales marketing, training and education to ensure that effective sales messaging is built into product and procedural training.
- Lead the development and design training of solutions, including tracking and measurement components
- Budget planning and management of respective program
The responsibilities also include development, facilitation and leading of training programs. Speaking to small and large audiences will be a large part of this role. It will include limited travel based on the current environment to meet expectations of the key deliverables. The role will require excellent email communications skills and the ability to work within a budget.
Current Travel Environment: 10-20%
Non-Covid Travel: Required up to 40-50%
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in a clinical training, healthcare marketing or sales, clinical support or cath lab role in the medical device or healthcare industry (5 years with Advanced Degree)
- Knowledge of PVH Therapies including Peripheral, Embolization & Deep Venous Space
- Experience presenting information to large and small audiences
- Microsoft Office Suite experience including Power Point
Nice to Have:
- Advanced Degree
- Global training or sales experience outside of United States helpful
- Interventional lab experience
- Program and project management experience
- Prior content development experience, including various e-learning formats
- Prior organization of meeting logistics
- Product commercialization experience
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Jun 21, 2022
- Travel: Yes,
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 04:35:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!