Job title: Global Tax Manager – IT Industry Professional Services (US Remote Based only)
Job description: Company Description
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet. We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service. With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world’s most recognizable and innovative organizations.
Business is constantly evolving, and more than ever, staying at the forefront is all about identifying and adapting to change. As the Global Tax and Compliance Senior, you’ll see this first hand by being immersed in the evolving tax and compliance environment through preparing and auditing income tax provisions, local compliance documents, assisting with income tax filings, consulting on planning opportunities.
You’ll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for all global tax and compliance requirements. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be tasked with ensuring all tax and compliance for each local country is filed timely and accurately, identifying and resolving tax technical issues, as well as sharing insights that will improve our processes and overall efficiency. In this role, you can expect to be prioritizing and handling a wide range of constantly evolving responsibilities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Determine tax implications of billing arrangements with customers.
- Work with 3rd party firms to complete international and domestic tax filings, including GST, VAT, HST, sales tax, and income tax returns
- Evaluate Nexus risks and provide recommendations
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly tax provisions for US (both Federal and States) and foreign entities
- Keep updated list of all tax and statutory compliance requirements and corporate entity structure
- Organize and maintain corporate document repository
- Lead research and analysis for setting up new entities
- Assist with external audits
- Coordinate payment of all taxes
- Work with tax services providers globally to obtain federal tax advice and guidance tailored to our unique needs
- Resolve complex tax issues both globally and domestic
- Keeping up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Building relationships at all levels both internally and externally, promoting a culture of collaboration
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- CPA certification
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax and a broad understanding of US and International taxation
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple projects
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Graduate degree in Tax
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.
Location: Juneau, AK
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 07:33:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!