Job title: Guest Service Professional, Golf Operations
Company: J.F. Shea
Job description: Encanterra® Country Club
Encanterra features eighteen holes of golf, two Resort Clubs, multiple dining options, state-of-the-art health and fitness facilities, exceptional tennis and pickleball complexes, indoor and outdoor pools and a full-service Alvea Spa, which recently was named the state’s top Clubhouse Spa by Arizona Foothills magazine. Our weddings & events spaces are also among the best in the San Tan Valley.
Where: San Tan Valley, 45 minutes from downtown Phoenix & Scottsdale, Arizona
As a member of the Guest Service Team, The Guest Service Professional supports daily guest service operations for the golf course, including tournament set up, equipment rental and services, and player assistance. This position reports to the Guest Service Supervisor or Head Golf Professional.
- Communicate the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) to support the achievement of company goals.
- Provide information about golf course conditions and the day’s activities and events to the First Tee Hosts, Player Assistants, Golf Shop staff, and other team members so they have the information they need to provide a safe and enjoyable golf experience for the players.
- Maintain effective communication with all team members throughout the day to maintain a smooth, informed, safe, and consistent atmosphere for guest services operations.
- Provide exceptional customer service; professionally respond to all guest concerns.
- Help manage and maintain rental equipment, golf carts, golf bag storage, and other guest service supplies.
- Report equipment repair issues or unsafe conditions or accidents to a supervisor.
- Welcome and establish initial connection with golfer or group of players.Load golf clubs onto the golf cart.Direct player(s) to the Golf Shop.Prepare the golf cart with cooler, pencil, tees, scorecards, etc. for the day.Meet player(s) at first tee.
- After the game, meet the player(s) at Guest Service.Suggest dining and clean clubs while they are in the restaurant or load clubs in car.
- Clean golf cart, check air in the tires, and restock for another group.
- Assist in tournament operations with the Tournament Coordinator and Head Golf Professional.
- Be able to perform role as a Practice Facility Host, Player Assistant, and First Tee Host, as assigned.
- Know Golf Shop products and Club services and be able to respond to questions and suggest beneficial products and services.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
- Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by maintaining a good attitude with coworkers and the public.
- Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must demonstrate initiative—ability to think, work, and make independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
This position works in an outdoor environment and may require driving a golf cart on variable terrain and navigating typical golf course obstacles, including, but not limited to, water, other golf carts and groups of players, plants, and the natural landscape. There is regular exposure to outdoor weather conditions and occasional exposure to native wildlife. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, speak clearly and understand the speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment. This position is very active and requires standing and walking for most of a work shift, bending, kneeling, sitting and driving, using hands to fingers to handle or feel, and reaching with hands and arms. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or push or pull items weighing up to 50 pounds.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 00:20:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!