Job title: Head Start Teacher Assistant – Part Time – Multiple Positions (Lincoln and Michener Elementary Schools, Addison, Hudson, Drager Early Education Center)
Company: Lenawee Intermediate School District
- Head Start Teacher Assistant – Part Time – Multiple Positions (Lincoln and Michener Elementary Schools, Addison, Hudson, Drager Early Education Center) JobID: 4145
- Position Type:
Head Start/Head Start
- Date Posted:
Head Start – Drager Site
- Closing Date:
Adrian Public Schools –
M-Th 7 hours per day
School year position/part time
Individual will be required to complete a CDA within two years of hire. Must have a preschool CDA or be in process to completing one within two years of hire.
Responsible for supporting a safe, nurturing, educational environment for program children and families to support healthy development.
The Part Time Teacher Assistant reports to the Early Learning Assistant Manager, or designee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following is a list of qualifications for the position, any one of which may be waived by the Board in exercising its prerogative to determine qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Maintain a safe, healthy, developmentally appropriate learning environment.
- Support teachers in observing and providing feedback on children.
- Assist with the execution of lesson plans based on individual children’s needs.
- Observe and document children’s activities and interactions.
- Maintain program documentation related to health and nutrition pertaining to your assigned classroom.
- Work and communicate effectively as part of a team environment.
- Fulfill classroom staff responsibilities and hours in the case of staff absences, as assigned.
- Prepare, serve, clean up, and document meals, as assigned.
- Complete, data enter, and communicate thermometer calibration and concerns, as assigned.
- Schedule, complete, and data enter classroom sanitization activities
- Support classroom operations including, daily practices, health and nutrition, and education requirements.
- Adhere to the program’s Safety & Injury Prevention System including Active Supervision.
- Attend meetings and program functions, as assigned.
- Participate in Creative Curriculum training or other program trainings, as assigned.
- Obtain and/or maintain a current Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
- Maintains positive relationships with parents, program volunteers, and outside agencies.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with peers to promote a positive work culture.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Follow all Board and Policy Council policies, local, state and federal guidelines, laws and regulations.
- Provides support to other positions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or designee.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE * High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Child Development Associate credential, preferred
- Experience and/or training working with young children
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret program policies and procedures. Ability to write per program policies and procedures.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
Knowledge, skill and ability in the use of e-mail, internet, spreadsheets and word-processing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is continuously required to interact with the public, frequently must work irregular or extended hours, is directly responsible for the safety-well-being and work output of others and must meet multiple demands from several people. The employee drives while performing the duties of this job.
The employee is continuously required to interact with, children and families which will call for them to participate in physical activities i.e. jumping, hopping, moving to music, singing, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires ability to complete responsibilities which may include climbing multiple flights of stairs, functioning in a smoking environment, and functioning without air conditioning.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Adrian Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination in its policies, employment practices and programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, height, weight, marital or familial status, gender, disability, or national origin.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:54:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!