Job title: High School Science Teacher
Company: Wayne RESA
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate with DX or DI or DA endorsement in Science (Biology).
- ESL endorsement or commitment to complete ESL endorsement within 3 years.
- Plan challenging and engaging lessons and curriculum that aligns with the school mission and vision and helps students meet high academic expectations.
- Be a reflective practitioner, open to continuous learning.
- Empower students to be self-directed in establishing positive culture and climate.
- Engage in school improvement planning.
- Actively engage in an organizational culture that relentlessly pursues excellence.
- Work and plan collaboratively.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional skills and methods; vary instructional modes to accommodate student needs, interests, learning style, and ability levels; provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students.
- Maintains school standards of pupil behavior required to provide an orderly and productive environment, in cooperation with the school administration.
- Assess each student’s progress; prepare, document and communicate progress reports to students,parents, and school administration.
- Perform basic student attendance accounting and maintain and submit upon request, accurate,complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Involve parents in setting learning goals and integrate parents into the learning processes.
- Prepare and maintain lesson plans with identified learning objectives.
- Administer student assessments and use the resulting data to improve student learning.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and district meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds in supplies which requires bending, stooping and lifting.
- The employee must be able to use a variety of instructional materials in the classroom.
- The employee must use hands and arms to manipulate objects.
- The employee must use keyboards, tools and other controls.
- the employee must sit and stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must have normal vision and hearing with or without aid.
- The employee must be able to move about the assigned location unaided during the day.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 00:24:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!