Job title: High School Special Education Science Teacher – Newark
Company: KIPP New Jersey
Job description: Company Description
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to educate 7,035 students in grades K-12 across 15 schools in Newark and Camden. More than 90% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.
By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and five in Camden providing a world-class education to over 10,300 students. To learn more, visit .
We’re growing! We are looking for teachers for all grade levels (9-12) for existing and founding schools!
Here’s what you need to know:
Our high school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve.
Special Education Science Teacher
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a motivated Special Education (Science) teacher with a track record of molding future leaders in our communities. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of building strong relationships in generating student achievement. You are dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure our students succeed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Joining our schools as a teacher comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Your role as a Special Education Teacher will involve a number of responsibilities which will include but are not limited to:
- Teach in an inclusive class, sharing all responsibilities with a lead teacher
- Provides resource small group support
- Provides an alternative or parallel teaching to a group of students and provides 1:1 teaching, as needed
- Employs multisensory teaching strategies and specialized instruction as needed based on student’s specific disabilities
- Implements all modifications and accommodations for the classroom and in testing
- Uses student IEPs, evaluations, and present levels of performance to ensure services are being delivered at a high level
- Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic skills
- Tracks student performance and is responsible for continual improvement in student growth objectives
- Administers and tracks weekly assessment data to both monitor progress towards grade level goals as well as IEP goals
- Creates action plans to improve performance when students are not on track to meet goals
- Consistently and clearly communicates progress to all shared stakeholders
- Participate in school, departmental and parent meetings
- Participate in school events, activities and programs both during and outside of regular class instruction hours
- A belief in every student’s limitless potential
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required (Official transcripts showing degree conferred are required prior to the starting date of employment)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 if graduation date is after 2016 or minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 if degree conferred before 2016
- Appropriate state teaching certification completed and issued or in process of being completed
- Special education expertise
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience, with demonstrated interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
- A track record of success in the classroom
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- This job requires the individual to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent a legally required accommodation, pursuant to a New Jersey Executive Order and federal and state guidance
Nice to Haves:
- A record of exceptional student achievement and results at a high-performing charter network/charter management organization.
- A belief that all students deserve a world class education which can be achieved through education reform
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York City area.
KIPP NJ offers competitive salaries to newly hired lead teachers. Salaries are based on prior experience and in accordance with certification requirements. KIPP NJ offers a competitive salary range of $59,000-$99,000 for teacher positions with additional opportunities for earning up to $7,000 annually in performance-based pay.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer
Location: Newark, NJ
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:47:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!