Job title: Hotel Assistant General Manager
Company: Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group
Job description: Job Snapshot
Why We’re Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for creating ridiculously personal experiences for all hotel guests (that’s kinda our thing!). In collaboration with the Front Office Manager and Director of Housekeeping, you’ll provide support for the staff by making sure all brand standards are met, employees are developed properly, and ensuring company culture and programs are supported and encouraged.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Assist General Manager in directing and leading all hotel operations ensuring and setting a high level of guest service.
- Support with managing the financial expenses of hotel operations, ensuring that all expenses stay within budget.
- Identify capital needs and support maintenance of the overall condition of the hotel.
- Build and innovate guest satisfaction programs for housekeeping and front desk. Assist with reservations and guest inquires, when needed.
- Review team schedules and at times lead all aspects of hotel departments such as; Security, Engineering, Reservations as well as, monitor and maintain property interfaces.
- Lead, train, and develop a team of high performing hotel department managers.
- Work closely with Restaurants + Bars, Catering, Sales, and Banquets to ensure that all guest needs are met.
What You Bring
- 3+ years management experience in hospitality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of integrity.
- Experience with Opera and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
- A genuine passion for guest service. You just “get” people and build relationships easily!
- Outstanding organizational abilities and skill for taking initiative, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and prioritizing.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy .
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. The salary range for this role is $75,000 – $85,000.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/content/us/en/careers (or through ADP Vantage if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Expected salary: $75000 – 85000 per year
Location: Denver, CO
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 22:07:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!