Job title: Hotel Banquet Captain
Company: Topeka Plaza Hotel at City Center
Job description: The Hotel Topeka at City Center is hiring a Banquet Captain for the PM Shift.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
SUMMARY: Responsible for supervising the banquet staff and acting as the lead server to ensure quality guest service at all hotel banquet functions.
- Directs the set-up of banquet tables and areas for banquet functions
- Reviews all function sheets for last minute changes
- Ensures that all guest requests are promptly addressed
- Conducts pre-function meeting with staff to ensure the proper service and requirements of banquet functions with direction from the Banquet Manager
- With direction for the Banquet Manager, assigns stations to servers, assigns side work functions, and ensures that all duties are completed before each server signs out. Coordinates and supervises all banquet activities to ensure that each course is served in accordance to the banquet event order.
- Completes final billing and presents to the customer contact for payment. Ensures that all payments are processed by the Front Desk
- Provides prompt, professional, and courteous service during banquet meal functions
- Functions as the lead server for banquet events
- Performs tableside or buffet food service as required
- Maintains a clean and orderly workstation. Informs supervisor of guest comments/complaints.
- Assists banquet associates when needed
- Assists in the set-up and breakdown of banquet functions when business demands are high
- Cleans tables of all glasses, silver, china, etc. during and after banquet functions
- Greets guests and continually monitors to ensure quality guest satisfaction
- Prior banquet supervisory or lead experience
- Ability to work the night shift
Come work at a great place, with a wonderful team! We have a lot of positions and you can find a great career in our hotel with the opportunity to advance.
Location: Topeka, KS
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 22:49:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!