Job title: Hotel Cook (Banquet Kitchen- Starting at $17/hr+)
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Job description: Location
Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city’s rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city’s most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city’s heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel’s Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers’ coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
Provide high quality standards and procedures in preparing/serving food for banquets and hotel outlets.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation in accordance with health department guidelines
- Insure stations are set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Prepare a mixture of buffet and plated style items
- Production of orders to include Grilling, Roasting, and Baking fish, steaks, chicken and shellfish.
- Maintain safe food handling procedures at all times
- Advanced Knife skills required
- Prior Culinary experience required
- Must be familiar with all cooking techniques
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
- Ability to multi-task
- Required flexible scheduling to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer – vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: and the following link is the
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to .
Expected salary: $17 per hour
Location: Louisville, KY
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 07:42:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!