Job title: Hotel Housekeeper
Company: The Merchant
Job description: Part-time Housekeeper
Lark Hotels is seeking a part-time Housekeeper at our boutique location in Salem, MA, The Merchant. Working alone or with a partner, each Housekeeper is responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, hallways, activity areas, and public spaces on the property. Major responsibilities include servicing accommodations according to property procedures, processing laundry, replacing bed linens, and supplying guest room amenities. This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work without constant direct supervision.
- Mop, vacuum, make beds, change sheets, do laundry, stock rooms, and do other cleaning duties as assigned
- Track rooms cleaned and document lost and found items, damage, and repairs needed
- Maintain common spaces including the hotel lobby, corridors, and public restrooms
- Clean and arrange hotel rooms in accordance with our hotel’s standards prior to guest arrival
- Answer general questions from guests
- Hard worker with strong time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Over 1 year as a professional housekeeper strongly desired
- Good understanding of cleaning techniques and products
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
Rum, pepper and a little bit of mystery… The Merchant – Steeped in Salem’s shipping port, with a dash of whimsy, our Salem, MA hotel’s name and tagline pay homage to Joshua Ward, the post-Revolutionary sea merchant and privateer who commissioned the stunning federal style building that today houses our Salem boutique hotel.
A historic gem, located in the heart of downtown, The Merchant’s playful design and ambience pay homage to the rich history of the town, while offering guests updates in a luxurious, relaxed setting.
The Merchant, a LARK collection hotel. Lark Hotels embrace the locations they are in – but in playful, unexpected ways. Think ‘sense of place’ with imagination and a touch of mischief. As our guest, you are invited to experience modern luxury in the heart of iconic destinations. To feel the pull of a nostalgic getaway while surrounded by today’s amenities. To find attentive service when you want it and privacy when you don’t.
Location: Salem, MA
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 22:00:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!