Job title: Hotel Maintenance Engineer
Company: Spire Hospitality
Job description: Description :
To maintain all building and equipment throughout the hotel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs general repairs and services in all maintenance related disciplines, including but
not limited; carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, minor electrical, finish work, etc.
- Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and established hotel area down times in order
to minimize inconveniencing guests.
- Effectively interact with department managers is required.
- Respond to guest room calls as required.
- Complete any and all assigned preventative maintenance procedures.
- Adhere to hotel safety standards.
- Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
- Assist other departmental craft workers as required.
- Perform all duties required as Fire Alarm Response Team.
- Participate in OSHA/Safety programs within the hotel through awareness in everyday job
functions and participate on the Hotel’s Emergency Evacuation Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and
demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to work well with all members of the Engineering Department and all other
members of the Hotel Staff.
- Must promote a cordial and caring attitude toward all other department heads.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Experience in all phases of mechanical/electrical systems.
- Blueprint reading.
- Ability to communicate with hotel guests
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel
environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10F)
and kitchens (+110F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- The worker is subject to hazardsincluding a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving
mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or
exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the
respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening
- 401k Matching
- Wellness Program
- Complimentary parking
- Hilton Brand Hotel Room Discount.
Wage: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
Spire Hospitality is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law Poster, and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm) and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Expected salary: $16 – 17 per hour
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 06:10:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!