Job title: Hotel Maintenance Mechanic
Job description: Please do not contact the Hotel about application status.
Hiring Managers will only contact via email those who meet the job requirements.
ENGAGE. EXPLORE. DISCOVER.
ENGAGE our guests from around the world and deliver brilliant service as a Marriott Host.
EXPLORE new places around the globe or at home with Marriott Travel Benefits.
DISCOVER your true potential through an exciting Hospitality Career!
| Position Title: | Maintenance Engineer |
| Department: | Engineering
| Reports to: | Chief Engineer
| Status: | Hourly Non-Exempt
$14.00 – $18.00 / per hour (depending on experience)
Summary of Position
Maintain the hotel’s customer and heart of the house areas in accordance with the standards of Marriott Hotel by performing maintenance and repairs as a team on the facility as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains rooms in optimal operating condition by performing repairs as needed.
- Understands the Equipment Maintenance Program
- Prepares maintenance cart for use each day.
- Repairs televisions, phones, clock radios, etc.
- Replaces or repairs damaged bathroom fixtures and executes general plumbing as needed.
- Maintains overall appearance of the room; replaces broken mirrors, hangs fixtures, does touch-up painting, etc.
- Repairs and maintains facility’s heating/ventilating/air conditioning systems.
- Uses both power and hand tools regularly in a safe, efficient manner.
- Performs maintenance throughout other areas of the hotel as well, including both the front and heart of the house, interior and exterior.
- Maintains the condition of hotel lobbies and restaurants.
- Repairs furniture and decorations as necessary.
- Repairs carpet, marble and tile.
- Repairs and maintains kitchen and laundry/housekeeping equipment.
- Repairs/replaces windows and mirrors.
- Maintains exterior of building and grounds as necessary.
- Attends schools or seminars to remain current or learn proper techniques and/or certifications (HVAC, CPO, etc.).
- Ability to lift (75lbs) and move equipment as necessary manually or with dolly. Must be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach/stretch, walk, pull etc. to accomplish tasks.
- Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs.
- Maintains and assists in the cleanliness of individual work area.
- Adheres to hotel policies and procedures.
- Attends work on time as scheduled.
- Follows hotel grooming and dress standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance which require corrective action.
- Conduct and/or attend meetings as required.
- Prepare reports as requested, to develop an informative database for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Perform all accountabilities in a professional, timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image to achieve objectives, public recognition, and acceptance as the preferred hotel company.
- Perform all other duties as requested or required to insure the smooth operation of the entire hotel.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
- Ability to visually check work, work area, and hotel space.
- Minimum lifting of 30 pounds.
- Knowledge of English and local language
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to communicate with all managers, supervisors and fellow associates
- Ability to handle conflict situations in a professional manner
- Be well groomed and conform to the hotel’s dress code
Maintain safety by adhering to safety policies, being responsible to report all accidents immediately. Support all safety programs. Proceed with caution when walking on slippery floors. Ensure proper safety instructions are given before operating any equipment.
ARLLC, operating as Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, function seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. You as an associate must realize this fact and be aware that at times, it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed shift, as business demands. In addition, you understand that business determines the amount of hours you work, and that some weeks may be scheduled for less than forty hours, and on other weeks you may be scheduled to work more than forty hours per week.
Location: Augusta, GA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 05:06:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!