Job title: Hotel Maintenance Technician/Engineer 1
Company: Mainsail Lodging & Development
Job description: We are hiring at the Epicurean Hotel in South Tampa! We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our EPIC team! Do you think you have the right ingredients to add to the mix? Apply today! The Epicurean Hotel is located on South Howard Avenue and sits across the street from the world renowned Bern’s Steak House. We’ve crafted a foodies paradise. A wine lover’s dream. A place for connoisseurs of life to come and indulge their appetite. Because there is no greater homage to life than to indulge in and explore all the flavors that it has to offer. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
Be part of an established, incredible hotel to work for – we have been recognized as “Best in Travel” in Trip Advisor’s 2021 Travelers’ Choice Awards!
Job Summary: The Maintenance Tech position is responsible for keeping all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day to day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of Engineering Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To continually support and improve engineering services that effectively address problems affecting both guests and associates.
- Guest Rooms – plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets and programming TV’s.
- Public Areas – plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing and/or adjusting all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical, HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
- Fire Alarm/Life Safety System – to monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Energy Conservation – to observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
- Tools – to clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies – to be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety – to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Records – to read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Departmental Duties – to clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel. This assignment shall be at the discretion of Engineering Management or the hotel General Manager.
- Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner.
- Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order.
- Follow up on any items that may be on back order.
- Keep supervisor updated on assignments.
- Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
- Strive to become an independent mechanic, able to analyze problems and to formulate plans to get work done quickly with a high degree of quality.
- The Hotel functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shifts as business demands. In addition, it is understood that business can determine the amount of hours that are worked, and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours, and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with emphasis in Technical Trades
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law. Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Tampa, FL
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 07:37:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!