Job title: Hotel Staff Accountant
Company: Corrado Properties
Job description: Hotel Staff Accountant Job Description
Corrado Properties is an owner, operator, and developer of independent, boutique luxury hotels & resorts and other real estate assets. Grounded in authentic hospitality and with a spirit for adventure, we seek to create one-of-a-kind experiences that fulfill our guests while enriching and supporting our communities and our people. Our investment approach is anything but prescriptive — social and environmental contributions are paramount, and we endeavor to have fun with every opportunity we pursue. Current assets include Sorrel River Ranch in Moab, Utah, Hotel Biba in Palm Beach, Florida, and Spirit at Zion in Utah, which are under development. With our portfolio expanding, Corrado Properties is looking for accomplished individuals to join the organization as the foundation is laid for future growth.
About the Role
Staff Accountant oversee a company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. The individual in this role will perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
Hotel Bookkeeper Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, General Ledger reporting.
- Cash handling functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash dropped at the front desk.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report any variances to the concerned department heads.
- Assist the financial Controller with systems administration, G/L account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full Profit and Loss responsibility.
- Review and approve all reconciliation and audit work papers.
- Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform the Controller of any potential uncollected accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up and inform the Controller of any discrepancies.
- Bill out company credit cards and maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
- Assist with reconciling bank statements.
- Prepare wire transfer confirmations for reimbursable invoices.
- Verify if credit card service charge is billed correctly for all credit card transactions.
- Reviewing all ledger details, guest ledger, and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports daily.
- Ensure correct taxation is applied on all billing software Point of Sale (POS) and QB software’s.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings.
- Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment.
- Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliation.
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Vendor’s permanent files and Certificates of Insurance.
- Maintain contracts for vendors.
- Process payroll or verify payroll dollars and reports.
- Process authorized purchase requests as needed.
- Rotating monthly audits of inventories / Enter final inventory totals into spreadsheet.
- Any other job-related duties as and when assigned by the Controller and Director of Finance.
Hotel Staff Accountant Minimum Requirements and Required Education/Training:
- Education – Associates degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or related field, required, or equivalent years of experience in Bookkeeping for Hotel, resort or in hospitality.
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting/finance for hotels, restaurants, or hospitality preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro, Mews, Toast. POS and other ERPs for hotels required
- Ability to deal with complex projects and simultaneous responsibilities
- Strong Data Entry Skills
- Confidentiality/ Thoroughness
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Excel, Pivot tables, calculations, generating reports, Word, Outlook, Google Suite, and experience with PMS like Opera, Room master, Protel, Visual One, Delphi, Sun Finance, Oracle Finance, SAP etc.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Corrado Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V
Powered by JazzHR
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 05:40:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!