Job title: Human Resources Business Systems Analyst for HR Information Technology
Company: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Job description: Position Summary:
UTHealth Houston’s Human Resource Department is looking for a Business Systems Analyst who will work with our HR Technology team. This employee will help design, develop, implement, and maintain data integrity for new HR Technology cloud systems and/or enhancing business processes in support of Human Resources. They will provide business expertise, generate and execute new ideas in support of business process changes for information systems projects. They will assist in identifying opportunities for business process improvement and initiate projects to make improvements with or without deploying technology solutions. They will gather data, prepare reports, complete data analysis and provide meaningful findings in a story or informative way.
The HR Technology department deals with systems that support the full cycle of employment with the organization. Programs can include recruiting, onboarding, performance management, learning development, and employee relations. Preferably, this employee would assist with Oracle Taleo, Peoplesoft, SAP Success Factors and/or Oracle Fusion Cloud services. You will need to interact with other groups within UTHealth Houston, external vendors who manage our programs/systems, and collaborate with Human Resources team members and learn HR business processes. You will be responsible for gathering requirements, end-to-end testing, analyzing processes, and preparing documentation that impact human resources.
Ideal candidates will have a background of practical experience in Healthcare and with business applications, Management of Information Systems and immediate or advanced experience with Excel, familiarity with business intelligence techniques and tools, finance and HR knowledge, data analysis and visualization, and possess a desire to learn about HR processes, and have a commitment to learn and succeed. Any familiarity with human resources, the software we utilize, RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and Tableau is a plus, but not required. This is a full-time role with the ability to work a remote schedule but will be required to be on-site for various meetings and other obligations. You will be eligible for all UTHealth Houston benefits including employer sponsored healthcare and participation in a pension plan run by the State of Texas.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Desire and willingness to learn Talent Management/Recruiting, Compensation, Performance Management, employee learning and development processes and HRIS systems (Taleo/Oracle, Oracle Fusion, Peoplesoft, Success Factors)
2. Analyzes current business processes, suggest improvements and participates in design of new business processes and systems.
3. Conducts business systems analysis and design, data modeling, process flow modeling, and process reengineering. Analyzes business processes and reviews existing information systems. Interviews users. Analyzes process flows, identifies opportunities for improvement. Maps existing business processes. Documents existing business processes and business rules.
4. Configure the HRIS systems to meet the business requirements
5. Prepares business cases including cost/benefit analysis for proposed processes.
6. Participates in the design of new systems that support business processes. Designs and implements new or improved business processes. Reviews new systems designs and functions. Compares differences between existing systems and new systems. Designs system modifications. Designs interfaces to other systems. Identifies data, interfaces and tests requirements. Designs and executes systems tests and acceptance test scripts and procedures. Develops and leads communications as part of system implementation efforts. Helps to ensure referential integrity of the data model.
7. Develops reports and documents for existing business processes and business rules. Identifies reporting requirements.
8. Develops organizational changes and implementation plans. Analyzes training and organizational changes. Designs training materials. Trains users in new procedures and systems.
9. Document, resolve, track and monitor the system administrative issues to ensure a timely resolution and follow up with clients
10. Identify, analyze, research and escalate technical issues, ensuring timely resolution for users
11. Communicates with clients and co-workers via oral and written communications including presentations.
12. Adheres to UT-H IT policies and procedures and industry accepted practice.
13. Works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. Communicates project status and objectives. Communicates with project team and constituencies.
14. Conducts post implementation review and document goal attainment. Provides post implementation support.
15. Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, a business related field or related experience in lieu of education.
One (1) year experience in systems analysis and design preferred.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visit !
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
UTHealth has adopted a policy consistent with CMS regulations to protect our patients and university community from exposure to COVID-19. This policy affects all employees, residents, fellows, students, contractors, new hires, visiting scholars program participants, adjunct faculty, and volunteers who work, train, or collaborate at the John S. Dunn Behavioral Science Center.
In addition, all UTHealth employees who are assigned to work at a location that is subject to the affiliated partner’s hospital, clinical offices, or agency are required to abide by UTHealth’s rules and regulations, as well as the
affiliate’s rules and regulations, including COVID-19 vaccination and safety requirements.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 05:34:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!