Job title: Hybrid – Logistics Transportation Purchasing Buyer II
Job description: Summary/Objective
The Logistics/ Transport Purchasing Buyer II will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and purchasing of all logistics and transport related services and executing projects within North America, including but not limited to repacking, tolling, all modes of transport, warehousing, transfer stations, and sample operations. Areas of focus include quality, cost, customer service, innovation and continuous improvement. This position will work closely with the Logistics & Transport Operational team, Planning, Quality, and Sales to ensure reliable cost-effective transportation, storage, and management of our products in our Supply Chain flows.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * Research, track and analyze market trends and conditions to aid in developing and supporting procurement strategies.
- Negotiates prices, deadlines and contractual clauses by establishing short or long term contracts.
- Interact with Global Category manager to align with the global/regional sourcing standards methods and tools.
- Guarantee the tendering process by integrating all necessary standardized documents such as requirements, specification, general purchasing terms and conditions, etc.
- Access category risks regarding local goods/services quality and local suppler relationship sustainability
- Develop, enhance and manage the local supplier panel
- Conducts various types of analysis to include value, cost/price; forecasting.
- Ensure the adequate presentation of the local business requirements.
- Evaluate suppliers and good/services risks regarding scope
- Set up corrective measures for sourcing improvements
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies * Strong Negotiation skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
Education * Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or equivalent experience
Experience and Skills * 5+ years experience in negotiations and contracts
- 10+ years experience within multiple parts of logistics and transport environment
- Extensive Logistics & Transport industry knowledge and methodologies in all storage, land, rail, and overseas areas
- SAP experience
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Knowledge of sourcing vendors and suppliers
- Strong knowledge of best practices with a purchasing environment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
This position does not directly manage employees.
This job spends approximately 75% of the time in an office environment and 25% of the time in the Plant or vendor environment.
This is a Hybrid position meaning that it will be minimum 2-3 days in the office and remaining time can be remote.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Location: Keokuk, IA
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 22:35:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!