Job title: Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Systems Consultant
Job description: At Arup, we express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most challenging projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. Since our founding in 1946, Arup has transformed the practice of engineering by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
The Los Angeles office is currently seeking an Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Systems Consultant to work as part of a multidisciplinary team engaged in the design and delivery of ITC, low-voltage systems and infrastructure for a wide variety of building types; including commercial, arts and culture, aviation, education, retail, residential, science/technology, and healthcare.
- Design of systems including structured cabling, wired and wireless networks, telephony, electronic security systems, controls and general applications of technology to the built environment.
- Project delivery of detailed design drawings, systems integration, and specification development.
- Construction phase services such as site visits, submittal review, and RFIs.
- Coordinating with clients and the broader team
- Maintain quality relationships with vendors and external partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Computer Science, Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related majors.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering or architectural industry demonstrating a proficiency in 3D BIM software – Revit.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the consulting and technology design industries including detailed structured cabling system design.
- Understanding and experience of technology in the built environment including the challenges of construction and systems integration.
- Experience in the application of BICSI, TIA, and NEC.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for team building and client facing roles
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Certifications: RCDD, CNT/CCNA/CCNP, or CWNA
- Experience with active network design, RF modeling software, DAS, building automation systems, electronic security systems and IoT.
- Experience designing outside plant, campus infrastructure, and wide area network coordination.
- Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Benefits that Work
At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the option to work remotely for a portion of your workweek.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. EOE including disability/veteran. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require accommodation in the job application or interview process, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected]
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 00:48:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!