Job title: Information Technology Generalist 1
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
Do you have professional experience in support analyst experience in responding, resolving and troubleshooting hardware and software issues? Do you have the desire to work in a fast paced environment serving the commonwealth? If so, the Public Safety IT Delivery Center is looking for you!
We offer an excellent compensation package, including competitive income, generous paid time off, health insurance, and an excellent retirement package. We want to hear from you, so apply today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position is an IT Services Section Support Analyst. Support Analyst functions include 2nd level support for responding, resolving and troubleshooting hardware and software issues throughout Public Safety Delivery Center. You will assist Bureau of Information Technology (BIT) staff, Facility IT staff and users in resolving equipment, software applications and telecommunications problems. This Support Analyst position requires limited supervision, strong communication, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills.
If you have the experience and training required for this fast paced position, apply today!
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the .
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with a 1 hour lunch.
- Free parking available.
- This position is eligible for full retirement at age 60 or 65.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time up to 3 days a week. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Mechanicsburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year as an Information Technology Trainee or Information Technology Technician; or
- One year of information technology experience in applications development or applications maintenance, networking or desktop services, web site development or web site design, or other information technology support/administration services, and an associate’s degree in any information technology field; or
- Three years of information technology experience in applications development or applications maintenance, networking or desktop services, web site development or web site design, or other information technology support/administration services; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must meet the
. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the and click on Residency. * You must be able to perform essential job functions.
Legal Requirements: (Select which Legal Requirement statement applies, if applicable.)
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports at your expense. See hiring agency contact information.
- You must pass a background investigation.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at .
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $52851 – 80372 per year
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 01:22:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!