Job title: Information Technology Generalist, PGCB
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has an exciting opportunity for an Information Technology Generalist! This is advanced technical information technology (IT) work providing a variety of IT support functions. If this position sounds like you, we welcome you to apply today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In this position, you will support and maintain two internet websites and three intranet websites. The two internet websites are using WordPress and Drupel and the intranet websites use SharePoint Online. Knowledge of PHP, WordPress, Drupel, SharePoint and their core components is important in this role. You will also, write and edit custom HTML & CSS, be responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality, provide guidance of website’s architecture, manage all technical aspects of the Content Management System and monitor and maintain website system security.
You’ll also perform a broad range of administrative and highly advanced IT duties in at least two of the following technical areas: applications development; networking; database administration; data administration; website support; information security; or IT support and administration services. Work at this level of IT support and administrative services may include procurement, planning, training, project management support, quality assurance/quality management, release management, asset management, or technical writing. Work is generally performed in a networked environment and involves the application of advanced technical IT principles to manage information for the business area in accordance with Commonwealth and/or agency standards. You will work independently or in a technical group and assigned by an administrative or technical supervisor or lead worker.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Two years of information technology experience that includes one year of technical information technology experience in network operation or network maintenance, web site development or web site design, in telecommunications hardware and software installation, operation, and maintenance or other information technology support/administration services, and an associate’s degree in any information technology field; or
- Four years of information technology experience that includes one year of technical information technology experience in network operation or network maintenance, web site development or web site design, in telecommunications hardware and software installation, operation, and maintenance or other information technology support/administration services; or
- A bachelor’s degree in any information technology field.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a Personal History Questionnaire with a thorough background investigation, including drug screening and the subsequent review and approval by the Board.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $60362 per year
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 02:31:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!