Job title: Information Technology Internship
Company: Soar Technology
Job description: About Us
At SoarTech, our focus is in the development of artificial intelligence (AI) that reasons like humans do, to automate complex tasks, simplify human-machine interactions, or model human behaviors. Our philosophy is three-fold: to be an augmentation to, not a replacement of, the human; to think top-down, not bottom-up; and to be transparent so that decisions and processing are communicated to the human and in human-like terms. SoarTech is growing and we are looking for individuals interested in helping research, develop, and implement this exciting technology into everyday operations.
The IT Intern will be an integral part of the Information Technology (IT) Team at SoarTech and provides support to employees onsite at SoarTech s Orlando office. This part time role is an entry level position that offers practical work experiences and industry introduction to IT services and departmental functions. The IT Intern embraces and represents the SoarTech Core Values (Innovative, Honest, Customer Focused, Respectful, Integrity and People) in all aspects of their duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical assistance to SoarTech employees through the support ticketing system.
- Responds promptly to support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, conference room hardware, and application software.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Assist in the planning, management, and implementation of IT projects of varying scale and company impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least one (1) year of experience working in an IT role or academic setting successfully supporting a combination of software, hardware, network, and security responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- High familiarity with Office 365, especially with Outlook and Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive interconnectivity. Hybrid and GCC High experience a plus.
- Experience with end-user hardware and software set-up and support to include, but not limited to, Audio Visual equipment, PC, Mac, VoIP.
- Methodical and accurate IT documentation.
- Able to recommend technology improvements and updates related to systems for consideration of IT Leadership and teammates.
- Able to collaborate with team members on planning and completing projects.
- Able to balance and prioritize daily responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated professional maturity.
- Ability to integrate ideas from multiple disciplines.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) Security Clearance.
- All U.S. based SoarTech employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a disability or religious accommodation is formally approved by SoarTech prior to employment.
Preferred Skills (Not Required)
- In progress or completed degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, DevOps Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues that may involve repair, replacement, or third-party warranties and support.
- Experience in Diagnostic Tools and Techniques.
- Experience with managing end-user and IT Administrator documentation.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- May require physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects, materials, or hardware.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Job date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:17:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!