Job title: Information Technology Manager
Company: Southeastern College
Job description: The purpose of Southeastern College is to offer quality career education in an atmosphere of personalized attention. At Southeastern College we focus on the specialized skills and knowledge needed for today’s marketplace by providing courses that apply to skill performance and career management development.
At Southeastern College we select industry experienced individuals as members of our faculty. This allows our students to be educated by professionals who have practical knowledge in their particular field; as well as the appropriate level of formal education. This philosophy assists our faculty in recreating a similar atmosphere to that which you will encounter in your new career.
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions in our school. You will be in charge and manage the school’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
An excellent IT manager is very knowledgeable in IT and computer systems. They have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives.
The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the school.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Proven experience as IT manager or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- Strong background in MS365 and MS Azure platforms.
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. For further information, you may contact your local campus. Campus contact information listed on our website at www.sec.edu
Thank you for your interest in our school system. Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.
Location: Miami Lakes, FL
Job date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 23:44:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!