Job title: Information Technology Program Director
Company: Adventist HealthCare
Job description: Support Center
Adventist Healthcare seeks to hire an experienced Information Technology (I.T.) Transition Program Director for our Information Technology Department who will embrace our mission to extend God’s care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Information Technology (I.T.) Transition Program Director you will:
- Manage a portfolio of technology refresh and application implementation projects in support of the Howard University Hospital Technology refresh and stabilization effort.
- This effort ranges from IT Infrastructure, Applications, Client Endpoint Devices, and Telecommunications technologies.
- The I.T. Transition Program Director works closely with the Howard University Hospital (HUH) Transition program lead, I.T. Project Management Organization (PMO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), and transition team to ensure systems are implemented in alignment with all I.T. Standards.
- The I.T. Transition Program Director provides general systems expertise across the technology portfolio while directing resources in a matrixed staffing environment.
- The technology portfolio supported by the team includes Microsoft/AIX/Linux Server products, SQL Server, Active Directory, Azure, IBM/EMC Storage, VMware, Citrix XenApp and XenDeskop, Microsoft Endpoint Manager (SCCM/Intune), Catalyst Switches, ASR routers, ASA firewalls, Wireless LAN Controllers, VPN Concentrators, AnyConnect, Cisco ISE, OpenDNS, Enterprise class Avaya phone systems consisting of Communication Manager (CM) v7.0, Avaya Aura Messaging (AAM) v7.0, Avaya Session Border Controller (SBC), Avaya System/Session Manager v7.0, Avaya AES v7.0, TASKE Call Center Metrics system Digital, Analog and VOIP desk phones, Avaya one-X •Communicator and Avaya one-X Agent softphones in a 24×7 healthcare setting.
- The ideal candidate is a senior level engineer experienced across server, desktop, network and storage with experience leading large and complex implementations.
- Lead resource allocation activities of cross-matrixed I.T. personnel across service operations, recurring operational duties, and project availability
- Audit processes and work with the team to address failures in the processes whether through continual process improvement or education and training
- Follow the Adventist HealthCare (AHC) Standard Management Approach in measuring and reporting on key performance indicators relative to support areas and processes
- Provide scheduled briefings to senior management on performance metrics
- Leverage process improvement methodologies such as DMAIC and Lean Six Sigma to improve processes and performance outcomes.
- Work with senior architects to determine implementation and communication strategies that will minimize impact to critical business operations
- Schedule, lead and or participate in reviewing vendor solutions to address workflow requirements across the portfolio
- Provide expertise to identify and translate business workflow into operational support requirements.
- Work with the I.T. PMO, Operational Team Leads, and Senior Leadership to ensure support standards, designs, and implementations have a clear and effective transition strategy to operations.
- Assist with requirements data gathering and analysis as needed
- Assist with the review of technical reference architectures and determine impacts on operational support processes and staff and make recommendations on how to manage the impact
- Assess and communicate operational risks associated overall IT support requirements
- Review planned and emergency changes for the environment and provide input on the operational impact of the changes
- Participate in efforts to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Serve as the primary communicator with business stakeholders regarding technology refresh implementations
- Follow Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) best practices in the implementation and transition of infrastructure platform and application implementations
- Participate in the creation of detailed work breakdown structures for the implementation of infrastructure platform and application upgrades and implementations
- Support PMBOK best practices in tasks execution and system implementations
- Facilitate and support all aspects of technology refresh efforts
- Facilitate conversations across AHC employees and vendors and other support teams while implementing or upgrading technology platforms
- Follow change and release management processes
- Ensure operational readiness reviews and appropriate transition activities occur for operational support teams to take ownership of new technologies
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule to support implementations and post implementation activities.
- Maintain an accurate understanding of operational time commitments and support operational and project-based resource allocation activities.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the technology portfolio and operational support requirements
- Complete necessary internal reporting and reports status to various levels of management and client representatives
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or information technology is preferred
- ITILv3 Foundations is preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- 7+ years leading teams technology implementation
- 3+ years in healthcare information technology preferred
- In depth experience with information systems, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems management
- In depth experience with IT project management principles and PMBOK best practices
- Mission driven individual with strong values that align with the AHC mission
- Ability to work in a fast-paced critical patient care driven organization
- Customer Service orientated individual
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to critically think and present arguments in an articulate manner
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Desiree to learn and adapt to new technologies
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through non rotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Free Employee parking
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
- 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
- 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Full Time, Day Shift
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at an designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States a
nd an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants’ religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:22:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!