Job title: Information Technology Project Manager (ITPM)
Company: Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Job description: Requisition Id 7487
Oak Ridge National Laboratory is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security.
The Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory seeks an experienced, full-time staff member to function as an Information Technology Project Manager (ITPM) to manage a portfolio of information security projects. This position will report to the Portfolio Management Group Leader for project assignment and direction, with matrixed reporting to the Cyber Operations and Engineering Group Leader.
The successful applicant will manage a portfolio of information security projects utilizing industry standard best practices, laboratory and division project management processes and guidelines.
The position will interact directly with the Chief Information Office (CIO) and all levels within the organization, including senior managers, Group and Team Leaders, Enterprise and Data Architects, research organizations, application developers, IT support staff, subcontractors and external vendors.
Specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Planning – Determines requirements and best approach for project management methodology for multiple projects, develops work breakdown structures, Project Management Plans and/or backlog feature and story definitions, project tasking and sequencing for project schedules and/or serves as scrum master.
- Leadership – Assembles, manages, and directs project teams to accomplish project goals and deliverables. Ensures projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget, and are of acceptable quality. Assists and mentors team members on methodology including agile.
- Communication – Ensures projects execute adequate communication plans and ensures all stakeholders are appropriately informed of project status. Interfaces with project sponsors, ITSD leadership, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other resources.
- Risk Management – Identifies, diagnoses, and consults on project risks and issues., Identifies mitigation strategies or corrective actions, reports and escalates as appropriate.
- Project Salvage – Takes leadership, assesses project risks/issues/problems, implements corrective actions, escalates to leadership as appropriate, and establishes new project baselines.
- Mentoring – Advocates for project management by providing information, recommendations, guidance, and assistance to the IT staff regarding PM best practices to elevate overall staff project management knowledge.
- Reporting – Prepares and presents presentations, reports, or dashboards as required, providing recommendations and findings on matters relating to projects.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, business management, information systems, or related disciplines.
- Experience – Five years relevant project management experience with at least two years or more in a project management role, as well as an understanding of IT hardware, software, databases, user interfaces, identity and access management, information security and cyber security systems. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- IT Experience – Demonstrated practical experience in IT project work, applications development, and major infrastructure/technology deployments and upgrades.
- IT PM Experience – Knowledge and experience managing application software development and/or implementation projects utilizing best practice lifecycle processes such as Agile. Must have a thorough understanding of project management methodologies and practical application managing IT projects including developing business cases, defining scope and deliverables, scheduling and cost estimating, budgeting, communications, stakeholder management, status reporting, change management, quality assurance and retrospectives/lessons learned.
- Security Clearance – Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Clearance. This position is a Workplace Substance Abuse Program (WSAP) testing designated position which requires passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in which employees are subject to being randomly selected for testing. The occupant of this position will also be subject to an ongoing requirement to report to ORNL any drug-related arrest or conviction or receipt of a positive drug test result.
- Advanced Education – An advanced degree in project management, business management, computer science, information systems, or related discipline.
- Information Security – Information security or cyber security experience, education and/or certifications.
- Self-Directed – Ability to organize and coordinate work on a variety of assignments with minimal supervision.
- Advanced IT PM Experience – Experience with IT specific project management methods, such as Agile and its associated processes.
- Agile Certification(s) – Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), or equivalent.
- Teamwork – Demonstrated interpersonal skills working in a matrix/collaborative environment with a broad range of individuals, particularly including scientists, engineers, managers, administrators, and technicians.
- Communicator – Strong communicator at all levels of an organization, as well as to external stakeholders.
- PM Mentor – Demonstrated ability to mentor project staff members in the incorporation of project management best practices and to correctly tailor practices to meet situational needs.
- Tools –experience with Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project, the Atlassian suite of tools, Elastic and ServiceNow.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email [email protected]
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:40:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!