Job title: Information Technology Specialist III (GIS Analyst and Cloud Application Administrator), Grade 26
Company: Montgomery County Maryland
Job description: Job Title Information Technology Specialist III (GIS Analyst and Cloud Application Administrator), Grade 26
Location Wheaton, MD, US
Organization Name Department of Permitting Services
Medical Exam Core Exam
Background Investigation No
Financial Disclosure Yes
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
The (DPS) seeks a highly knowledgeable and skilled GIS Analyst and Cloud Application Administrator ( ).
Skills you will need
This position requires proven successful experience
- as a system administrator for GIS and cloud-based applications and preferred experience in Tyler Technology’s EnerGov product suite (Cloud version)
- with MS SQL server report writer (SSRS)/Crystal Reports custom report PC/Server/Windows OS knowledge
- using effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- being highly organized and attentive to detail
About this position
This employee performs work with an emphasis on data analysis and mapping functions with geographic information systems (GIS) technology to support planning and inspections activities and other DPS business units. Additionally, this candidate serves as the EnerGov Administrator performing maintenance, upgrades, and implementation of new features to support the County’s permitting and inspections software, and related work as apparent or assigned. This position requires solid customer service skills, over the phone, web teleconference, and in person, along with a positive attitude and approach to technical issues and challenges, as well as client interactions. This candidate must have a desire to learn new skills and pursue a career path with a coherent on-going development plan to obtain applicable training and industry-recognized certifications as identified and required by DPS leadership. You are expected to work independently, with limited supervision of the DPS IT Manager.
What you will be doing
- Providing GIS support to DPS and other departments as required; creating, collecting, analyzing, and maintaining a variety of statistical data; creating and maintaining GIS layers, data models and maps; developing GIS applications with the appropriate software.
- Interpreting data and performing spatial and other types of analysis on areas relating to land use, development trends, and special projects; responding to requests for data analysis by researching and compiling information and subsequently analyzing a variety of planning issues from multiple sources.
- Managing all applications of the EnerGov software platform to ensure efficiency and accuracy across multiple departments.
- Performing technical code-writing and other procedural adjustments associated with the implementation, configuration, testing, overall use/functionality, launch, and ongoing maintenance of the EnerGov software platform.
- Serving as an expert resource for all EnerGov software users and as a liaison between users and the vendor’s support services.
- Working with internal County and external partner organizations to maintain the County’s addressing system and assigning new addresses.
- Supporting the DPS functional staff when responding to questions and concerns from property owners, developers, and other agencies regarding streets and addresses.
- Preparing correspondence, reports, maps, charts, diagrams; digitizing geographic data and inputs other nongraphic data.
- Assisting other department staff as needed.
Details on the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. General knowledge of engineering and architectural drawings and plans.
2. General knowledge of database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python.
4. Thorough knowledge of addressing best practices and planning, zoning, and inspections processes and workflows.
5. Thorough knowledge of ESRI technical support information and documents.
6. Comprehensive knowledge of policies, practices, procedures, and current trends of Geographic Information Systems.
7. Comprehensive knowledge of ArcGIS 10.X and related extensions and add-ons, ArcGIS Online, REST Services, and relational databases and data cataloging.
8. Comprehensive knowledge of Tyler EnerGov modules, technical support information, and documents.
9. Ability to learn and apply those aspects of Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards pertinent to assigned areas of responsibility.
10. Ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
11. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
12. Ability to utilize statistical, algebraic, or geometric applications, principles, and practices of research and data collection.
13. Ability to apply the principles and practices of project management (traditional and agile / iterative software development).
14. Ability to solve problems, to gather relevant information, to solve vaguely defined practical problems.
15. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
16. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, employees, supervisors, elected officials, consultants, engineers, surveyors, architects, representatives of other agencies and the public.
Additional Employment Information
Effective August 30, 2021 all new hires will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus prior to their first date of employment. Individuals who are unable to be vaccinated should contact to discuss possible accommodations.
OHR reviews the minimum qualifications of all applicants, irrespective of whether the candidate has previously been found to have met the minimum requirements for the job or been temporarily promoted to the same position. This evaluation is based solely on the information contained in the application/resume submitted for this specific position/IRC.
Montgomery County Government is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity. Accordingly, as it relates to employment opportunities, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email to . Individual determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made in accordance with all applicable laws.
Montgomery County Government also provides hiring preference to certain categories of veterans and veterans/persons with a disability. For more information and to claim employment preference, please refer to the Careers webpage on .
All applicants will respond to a series of questions related to their education, relevant experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required to minimally perform the job. The applicant’s responses in conjunction with their resume and all other information provided in the employment application process will be evaluated to determine the minimum qualifications and preferred criteria status. Based on the results, the highest qualified applicants will be placed on an Eligible List and may be considered for an interview. Employees meeting minimum qualifications who are the same grade will be placed on Eligible List as a “Lateral Transfer” candidate and may be considered for interview.
If selected for consideration for this position, you may be required to provide evidence that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated on your resume.
Montgomery County Ethics Law: Except as provided by law or regulation, the County’s “Public Employees” (which does not include employees of the Sheriff’s office) are subject to the County’s ethics law
including the requirements to obtain advanced approval of any outside employment and the prohibitions on certain outside employment. The outside employment requirements of the ethics law can be found at . Additional information about outside employment can be obtained from the website.
Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience in the information technology field in such areas as programming, systems analysis, and data/telecommunications, depending on the duties of the position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. For applicants possessing very hard-to-find skills which are a critical need to the department/agency, training and certification may be accepted in lieu of full degree requirements.
Physical Ability: Ability to lift boxes containing computer support items and equipment such as printers, computers, modems, and monitors weighing up to 50 pounds.
There are no preferred criteria. All applicants will be reviewed by OHR for minimum qualifications. Applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be rated “Qualified,” placed on the Eligible List, and may be considered for interview. Selection for interviews will be given to applicants with experience in the areas of:
- GIS technology and more specifically EnerGov product suite (Cloud version)
- MS SQL server report writer (SSRS)/Crystal Reports custom report PC/Server/Windows
Minimum Salary 70377
Maximum Salary 116825
You must register before you can apply for a position. Please return to the home page to register or login if you already have an account.
Location: Wheaton, MD
Job date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 00:19:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!