Job title: Information Technology Specialist
Company: University of Mississippi
Job description: Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position implements the school, college or unit technology efforts. The incumbent maintains department technology including computers and computer systems, servers, websites and online functions and develops digital products, equipment plans, and strategies.
Examples of Work Performed
- Establishes and implements technology and digital strategies.
- Develops technology and equipment plans for the department.
- Maintains technology systems for the department to operate efficiently.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and the Department of Information Technology to ensure maximum network efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops partnerships with external agencies to support department technology efforts.
- Researches and recommends appropriate upgrades related to media technology, hardware, and software.
- Coordinates information flow and user interface of department website and server.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting when needed; on-call nights and weekends.
- Completes processes required for equipment purchases.
- Maintains software and hardware inventory.
- Develops, implements, and enforces technology usage and security policies for the department.
- Stays abreast of developments related to media technology.
- Coordinates and conducts faculty, staff, and student training on the use of technology.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department. * Implements technology efforts and systems maintenance.
- Provides guidance and instruction on the use of technology.
- Develops equipment and technology plans and strategies.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or a related field from an accredited college or university.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:27:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!