Job title: Information Technology Support Technician
Company: Special Service for Groups, Inc- HOPICS
Job description: SPECIAL SERVICE FOR GROUPS
Title: Information Technology Support Technician Division: HOPICS
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Full-Time) Supervisor: IT Manager
Pay Range or Rate: TBD Revised: 09/01/2021
The Information Technology Support Technician is required to maintain the computers, network servers and phone technology in business settings. This position often works daily with the hardware, repairing or replacing defective equipment. S/he may be required to install new or upgraded software and conduct testing on new or current software. IT support technicians may be responsible for diagnosing problems in computer hardware and may be called upon to troubleshoot problems for users and may work in a help desk position. S/he may collect outdated equipment for recycling or disposal and will usually be the people responsible for installing new computers and attaching peripheral equipment such as printers. Occasionally, IT support technicians may be required to instruct new users on software or hardware, especially when major upgrades are made. S/he is responsible for creating video training tutorial and materials.
Install, update, and repair software on organization systems. Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, logging problems and documenting fixes. Skills in help desk support. Track and monitor day-to-day performance of systems and conduct analysis with the goal of improving performance. Respond to requests for new or configured hardware or software and keep inventory up to date. Process the return authorization for defective equipment/parts under warranty status. Purchase and reinstall replacement equipment/parts.
Remove user accounts – reset passwords, modify, monitor, and manage –phone extensions, modify, monitor, and manage – voicemail, monitor the phone server configurations & servers, monitor the phone server’s antivirus protection, diagnose, and repair hardware and software for phone system, assist staff with troubleshooting, and update internal phone directory.
Manage, monitor, and repair hardware and static build-ups, diagnosis connectivity, create and replace working cables, modify, manage, and maintain internet configuration, modify, modify, manage, and maintain internet configuration, firewall and firewall configurations. Utilize networking tools to conduct system audits and generate reports.
Copier and Printers
Inventory user accounts, add and replace user accounts and set user limits, and replace ink cartridges/toner, monitor, manage, and maintain printers (hardware and connectivity), assist staff with troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair hardware.
Add and remove user accounts, monitor, manage and maintain email configurations, assist staff with troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair software, and update internal email directory.
Web-based Application Systems
Assist staff with system troubleshooting, diagnose and repair software, monitor, manage and maintain software systems, service call with outside vendor with software changes and configurations, and collect data for reports.
Assist clients/staff with troubleshooting, diagnose and repair hardware/software, monitor, manage and maintain desktop computers and peripherals.
Process check request for IT Department invoices.
Access Control and Security System
Create staff ID badges and monitor access control system. Setup office building alarm system key fob for authorized staff.
IT Infrastructure and Office Buildout
Implement disaster recovery and backups, information security and control structures. Implement organization IT projects, including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages. Coordinate with vendors and carry out projects.
- Attend meetings associated with the IT Department and other projects as assigned by Supervisor.
- Assist in setting up electronic health records
- Maintain files/records in compliance with HIPPA, 42 CFR Part 2 and other funding requirements for auditing purposes.
- Update building site maps and evacuation site plan.
- Assist and complete division department projects and special tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Division Director and IT Supervisor
- Maintain appropriate boundaries; and adhere to SSG’s Code of Ethics and HOPICS’ Core Values.
- Represent the Agency in a professional manner at meetings and community events.
- Regular attendance required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Weekend work may be required.
- Other duties as needed.
Minimum Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Completed two years’ college-level education and 3 years working experience in computer or related field. A+ certification required. IT certifications such as MCSE, MCP or CompTIA IT certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of AccuCare and TCPX systems preferred.
- Flexible in work hours.
- If in recovery, a minimum of three (3) years of being drug and alcohol free is MANDATORY.
- Ability to work with clients from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written direction.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize workflow appropriately.
- Valid California driver license and reliable transportation. Proof of current automobile insurance required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as being a team member.
- CPR, Finger Printing and First Aid Certification within the first sixty-days (60) of employment (along with HIV/AIDS training) in the first 3 months of employment.
- Verification of Employment Eligibility and Background clearance required.
- TB test required (Note: Results may not be more than (3) months prior to or (7) days after date of hire and renewed annually thereafter).
Mandatory Covid19 Vaccination Requirement
All staff are required to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and to submit vaccination record to the HR Department during new hire orientation.
Non-Essential Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and other database programs as needed for division.
- Note taking and multi-tasking.
- Knowledge of web-based application data query.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Environmental Conditions (Working Conditions)
The environment for this position is an office environment. Must be able to work in an environment with many priorities, busy and fast paced. Must be able to problem solve and adapt to changes that are unpredictable.
While performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, standing, walking, thinking, typing, bending, squatting, speaking, listening, and carrying (max. 50 lbs.).
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to any/all the following: uncontrollable changes in priorities/work schedules, relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions, exposure to inappropriate behavior and language of others.
Special Service for Groups is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 22:21:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!