Job title: Ingredient Purchasing Manager
Company: Centrum Valley Farms
Job description: Job Summary:
The Ingredient Purchasing Manager will oversee feed ingredient procurement (excluding corn and soybean meal), ingredient vendor relationships, and the selection of best-value offerings in the feed ingredient space. This exciting opportunity carries responsibility for 1.2 million tons of mash pullet and layer feed per year made in 7 company-owned feed mills and 3 toll mills.
Essential Job Functions:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary:
- Support inventory reconciliation, calculation and reporting of shrink
- Evaluating current processes and implementing improvements
- Maintain relationships with vendors, advocating for Versova
- Will work directly with accounting, feed milling operations, and grain merchandising
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to establish and enhance a performance-based culture
- Proven ability to manage complex situations through critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to adapt effectively and work at a high level within a fast paced, continually changing, and demanding environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituencies, including employees, customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to interpret financial and operating data and then organize that data to make it actionable
- Ability to work in various climate conditions including extreme heat and cold environments, walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the feed ingredient, poultry, agriculture, or food processing industry a plus
- Animal feed formulation or data science experience preferred
Travel: Periodic visits to company feed mill plus vendor location visits and industry tradeshows as needed. Mills are in Ohio (2), Iowa (3), Washington (1), and Oregon (1).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
“Versova” is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, gender, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Ames, IA
Job date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 23:41:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!